Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many others on the Board have had the same thing happen to you as I have. While I was working before partially retiring, I had 5 guns. 22 Auto Rifle, 12Ga Shotgun, 30-06 Rifle, 22mag Revolver, and a TC 44mag. These were all I need when working where I didn't have time to hunt and shoot a lot. Since I quit working full time and have some extra time to hunt and shoot I have bought an additional 9 guns in 3 years. [?]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yep and still not enough time and money to do everything. I cant stay out of the shops now that its cold and you know what that means.:D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I buy that many a year seems like lol.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I am a long way from retiring, but I figure I have owned over 200 guns in my life. Kinda like the old country song, I loved em every one!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I don’t own a lot of “guns” and I have only bought one since I retired. Handguns are not really my thing so I just own the ones required to cover my needs. Small-bore rifles are another matter, but once again, I don’t have a large accumulation.

I don’t just own a rifle; I have a relationship with it. I guess it’s my training......I had a very close relationship with an M1 Garand back in the early 60s before I had to give it up for a new and “improved” model.

I have a Ruger #1 I dearly love. Sometimes I take it out, clean it, and then just sit and hold it, admire it’s gorgeous lines, marvel at the intricate swirls of the walnut, and look into the deep blue of it’s steel.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm hoping to get several in the near future, but for now, being retired means less money, so until I get a little more healthy and can get a job for "Toy" money I have to hold off.
Dan'o :}

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I hope to retire one day and if my guns will multiply because if it, that's just another reason to do it!.
Calvin, you forgot to mention you also have a gun related website now to go along with the 9 extra guns!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Having enough firepower and reserve ammo to last for years now falls under "responsibility" and "duty" and "calling"...not just a hobby...keep on buyin' and stocking ammo!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts