Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just gave me a really old H&R Model 732 revolver. It's in real rough shape and his brother had painted it for some stupid reason. Oh well. I know that it shoots because he shot it before he gave it to me. It's a slick little gun but the cylinder doesn't rotate after each shot and you have to do it manually. I want to fix it so that the cylinder rotates but this is my first revolver and I don't even know where to start. Thank You and I hope this is in the right section.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You know the drill......Post a pic. :)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My cell phone broke last night so when I get a new one today at work I'll post one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sounds like the hand (a little finger looking thing that slides through a slot in the frame behind the cylinder) isn't coming out and engaging the rachets(teeth) on the ejector(the part that pushes out to eject the shells)when you pull the trigger.Could just be a spring that pushes the hand to the forward position when you pull the trigger,or could be hand itself.
I don't know how familar you are with gun parts terminology,so I hope you're not offended by my comments in parentheses.
Now these are just guesses,so take it for what it's worth!

·
Registered
222 Posts
They're pretty simple as revolvers go - and spare parts are not difficult to find (check out seller "Wide Buffalo" on Gunbroker) - but you still may need to tinker with it a bit.

Meantime, here are some pix of my 732, just because. :)

Using loads that are under old-time maximums (and that I'd not use in a break-action), I get right at 1k fps with 100-gr hardcasts from this gun's 2.5" barrel. Factory loadings (safe for the break-tops) cluster under 600 fps with similar-weight bullets.

Hey, and here's an ugly-dog contest for you! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts