Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad earned this gun from selling Field and Stream magazine many years ago, he gave it to my mother in the divorce, she gave it to me and said never to give it back to him, no problem! Had to get my Dad's blessing and he was happy lol. Has less than 100 rounds through it and in mint condition.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That is a pretty gun. I know some look down on guns other than Ruger, Colt, or S&W, I'm not one of them. I've seen some pretty nice groups turned in from some of the other lesser known manufacturers. The older H&R like yours actually have a pretty good reputation.
Enjoy thanks for sharing.
Frank

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
How much is it going to take to talk you out of this piece? Smithy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Outstanding handgun!

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Hey Rugerman,the H&Rs are great little pistols,very well made and all steel heres my 686 convertible .22lr/,22WMR.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I have one exactly like that one. I love that its a breaktop because its so fast to load and it hold nine rounds. Plus its a SA/DA. Great adjustable sights to boot.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Now that's a nice revolver. I want one. I like break action revolvers, don't think they're stong enough for heavy high pressure rounds but 22mags and 22lr's are just right. Now if Ruger would make a break top convertable 22 I'd buy one. Thats a beautiful revolver, good for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, nice guns Kiwi and Terry, sorry Smithy but this ones for keeps! I think I will box it up until I find the right rabbit!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Cool looking piece...I always liked the break-open revolvers. I have an old Webley MkIV in .38 S&W, and I love breaking open the gun and watch the empties fly.....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have posted this picture before, but here is the H&R Sportsman that belonged to my father and I remember it from the early 50's and it was the first gun I ever shot. It is now in my safe and I still shoot it from time to time, but peep sights on a pistol are hard on these old eyes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts