Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After upwards of 7500+ rounds through 'Darth Ruger' I experienced my first problem in over a year-and-a-half....a broken lower camblock pin on a Sunday afternoon at the range.
I filled out the online form at the Ruger site and got ahold of them on the FB page as well (I could post a pic there and asked them to forward it on)...I got a response back from the FB post first and they suggested I call Ruger as well which I did as soon as I was done doing my civic duty of showing up for jury duty. I called and within minutes I had a shipping label e-mailed to me so they could have their techs look at the gun....got the gun back the following Monday with a new lower camblock pin, pin retainer, and a new striker installed.
I shot them an e-mail to see if I could get some sort of an explanation of the what-where-and how of the breakage but haven't gotten any response to that..I am very pleased with their quick and courteous assistance!!
Gene

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
It kind of look's like MIM material but if that's the only problem you've had I'd say the pistol is doing prettty good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think Ruger should have an explaination how did it happened, because if it did happen to you may be same thing will happen to those who onws SR40 and aside from that Ruger company should correct or improve this issue concerning SR40 lower camblock pin.

Hope to hear from Ruger soon.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
7500 rounds as a failure rate is not sensational but Ruger's customer service is.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I get a chance to I'm going to call back down there tomorrow and see if I can't get an answer....I'd like to hear what they think was the cause.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't get a chance to call back down there and still no response to the call I had made where they stated someone would call back with the info I was looking for.
Went through a Defensive Pistol Course last weekend and everything is working fine though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts