Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Gen 3 (after comparing to gen 4) 19 a month or so ago, and put a few hundred rounds through it.

shot great and all, but it felt like a glock....unfortunately.

Dropped it off to a local guy who is known for this stuff, and got it worked over.

Grip reduction, finger grooves removed, under cut trigger guard, rounded trigger guard, medium texture full 360 stippling job.

A few folks were all "no dont stipple an FDE!" whatever, its a tool, and now it feels like it should work better. Havent shot it in this configuration yet, but holding it next to a stock G19 the difference is incredible.

Befo'

Aftah

I need to get a decent daylight pic.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I've read the colored frames aren't as strong as the black. Is that why people freaked out or do they think the colored Glocks will retain some collector value?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Glock doesn't make pretty guns, looks like you managed to pretty it up some. I like the trigger guard work. I have never understood the point on the front.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read the colored frames aren't as strong as the black. Is that why people freaked out or do they think the colored Glocks will retain some collector value?
I've never head much about that.

People were frekaing out because I'm going to 'ruin' or 'change' a 'rare' FDE glock. :rolleyes:

The OD ones are hard to come by, these are a limited run too I guess.

Glock doesn't make pretty guns, looks like you managed to pretty it up some. I like the trigger guard work. I have never understood the point on the front.
me neither. Maybe if you use your support hand on the front of the guard? I dont, hats for sure, just seems like it would get hung up going in/out of a soft holster.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got some better pics of it.

I also took some nail polish to the engraving on it, but didnt do the typical white lettering, I went a bit more subtle and color matched it to the FDE frame.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not a fan aesthetically, but I bet it stays put in the hand and works awesome.

I agree with what other have said, Glocks are not pretty other than the beauty of their functionality.. The exact opposite of Apple's products... which is a good thing!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a fan aesthetically, but I bet it stays put in the hand and works awesome.

I agree with what other have said, Glocks are not pretty other than the beauty of their functionality.. The exact opposite of Apple's products... which is a good thing!
I agree with you on every point, haha.

But it IS a good shooter, my consistency/accuracy improved 10 fold with the grip work.

I cant wait until i have a few thousand rounds through it and its all smooth and broken in.

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
Do I dare say that Glock looks good??? :eek:

Looks great!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
...Maybe if you use your support hand on the front of the guard? I dont, hats for sure, just seems like it would get hung up going in/out of a soft holster.
Really like your story, and your Glock alterations.
The work looks very nicely done.
Seeing your rounded trigger guard yesterday finally pushed me over the edge, and convinced me to shave mine off after 5 years of ownership.

Big difference in holstering!

At the same time I also shaved off that thumb rest on the left side, that I didn't think belonged there.

After firing a box of 50 rounds in my new G20, I cut the magazine well with a hacksaw to accept a more concealable G29 magazine, so I didn't think cutting that hook & thumb rest with my crude kitchen table methods hurt the firearms overall beautiful aesthetics, and it did improve the handling qualities for me.

Thanks for the post and the inspiration! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts