Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my 6" Security Six out today. What a fun gun to shoot.
I know these guns are past tense, but maybe if I click my heels 3 times Ruger will start making them again. ;)

Happy New Year!

Some pics from the fence where I was shooting.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I'd take a Security-Six over a GP any day. I like the grips much better than the "peg". I had a 4 inch with a set of checkered walnut Herrett's, slightly larger than the similar Ruger target grip. Loved that gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beautiful weapon. I have a 4" that was my carry when I was adeputy sheriff 30 years ago. A great and sturdy weapon.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Very nice. Personally, I gave up on the snow though. Happy New year!

·
Super Moderator
21,402 Posts
I had a 6" Six for many years and it was a shooter and an excellent nightstand piece. They are a fine revolver enjoy it for many years to come.

Hey what's that white stiff on the ground.;)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a 6" Six for many years and it was a shooter and an excellent nightstand piece. They are a fine revolver enjoy it for many years to come.

Hey what's that white stiff on the ground.
Thanks Terry.

The white stuff is a prop that I added to make the picture look better :D. Just kidding... it was damn cold! 17 degrees so I left the rig running so I could thaw out my fingers when they couldn't pull the trigger anymore. Where's that damn global warming when you need it!;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
That's gorgeous!!! Mine is blued with the wood grips, but love it all the same. After seeing this - it may have to make a lap around the target tomorrow! :D

·
Super Moderator
21,402 Posts
Thanks Terry.

The white stuff is a prop that I added to make the picture look better :D. Just kidding... it was damn cold! 17 degrees so I left the rig running so I could thaw out my fingers when they couldn't pull the trigger anymore. Where's that damn global warming when you need it!;)
We are too old for that stuff so we run away to Texas in the winter.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mine is blued with the wood grips, but love it all the same.
Like this one? I had this one reblued. Pretty rough shape when I got it. Out of all my Sixes this one is probably the most accurate.

I've been looking for a GP, but every time

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Nice pictures of a great revolver! Sounds like a pleasant way to spend the day despite the weather. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine is identical except for the front sight, bought mine new in 1978. Ruger online store was selling factory walnut target stocks for the Six for $10. They found a big stash of leftovers and were dumping them online. If my camera wasn't dead would show comparison pics. Speedloaders tough fit with the wood, but mighty purdy

·
Registered
373 Posts

Hey what's that white stiff on the ground.;)
Why did you say "had"? I've "had" mine since 1978 and hope my great grandkids get to enjoy it as much as I do.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice pictures of a great revolver! Sounds like a pleasant way to spend the day despite the weather. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Wave. I had my camera in the rig so I took an extra minute to snap a few. Normally I have to take 10 pics to get one good one, but the light must have been just right, I took 5 pics and they all turned out pretty clear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I must certainly be in the wrong part of the country, although I own 2 sixes myself, my job has me on the road 5 days a week and I will not pass by a pawn or gun shop without stopping to see what I can find, and I see a little of everything but the six series are not one of them.Even the last couple of gun shows there were none to be found.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2 3/4" security six is my favorite Ruger. It is in its third life. First a duty gun with a PD, then carried for two tours in Vietnam and now is my house gun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts