Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....and I am a very, very sad man right now :( :( :(

This is my very first Ruger firearm and consequently my first experience with Ruger customer service. Will Ruger do right by me and send this back in perfect working condition. It was defective out of the box. My dealer overnighted it to River in NH (I live in Maine).

I'm depressed! That pistol is gorgeous and felt like a beautiful woman in my hands. It's the stainless steel with satin finish and rosewood grips.

########################################
UPDATE: the gun cycles perfectly now both unloaded and loaded. Came back clean and ready for action.
########################################

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
What was wrong with it?

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi James, thanks for the welcome!

The cylinder would not cycle by hand or hammer when loaded. Jammed up solid. Had to struggle to remove base pin and remove cylinder then unload and it would cycle unloaded but seemed to catch just slightly when a specific chamber approached the barrel. I messed with it for hours. Made sure chambers were free of any burs or debris, etc. Some of the wmr shells had scratches on the back afterwards. I used 40 gr wmr super ammo.

Such a downer!!!! I had promised by daughter we'd go shooting that afternoon and couldn't

·
Registered
683 Posts
Its a bummer you got the dud on your first Ruger experience but unfortunately it happens. I have no doubt Ruger Customer Service will do you right.

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have faith. But I am ITCHING to take that beauty out and chuck some lead!!! The treatment I get with this River will determine if I buy another SA from them. The money is burning a hole in my pocket.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Unfortunate, but can happen.
Ruger has the best CS around, they will do you right.

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am soooo sick of autocorrect changing Ruger to River!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have faith. But I am ITCHING to take that beauty out and chuck some lead!!! The treatment I get with this River will determine if I buy another SA from them. The money is burning a hole in my pocket.
Mark my words, you will be posting in the future about how happy you are with Ruger customer service. Just don't expect a super fast turn around, depending on their backlog.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. Sorry to hear your first experience with Ruger wasn't right. They will make it right for you. Their CS is the best.

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, and it will be worth the wait I can feel it. I believe in buying top quality or nothing at all that's why I went with Ruger after a lot of research. I've accepted it could be a month or more wait. Probably won't be much ammo available anyways for months.

I'm already considering a single 6 convertable for my next purchase.

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
UPDATE!!! The dealer called today, my single nine awaits pickup! Ruger replaced the cylinder and test fired it. She's good to go. Aaaaahhhhhhhhh.......

Only took like 10 days I think. Not bad at all.

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's great news. Let us know how it shoots!
Will do! Hopefully I can find some dam ammo! I have 150 RDS of wmr though so I can at least try it out and make a couple of squirrels pay for my fury.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Um... arent Squirrels out of season? You dont just shoot things to kill them do you? Thats what pop cans are for...

·
Registered
54 Posts
You will like it. I had to replace the front sight on my 6.5" Single Six to get it to hit POA, after that it is a hoot.

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Um... arent Squirrels out of season? You dont just shoot things to kill them do you? Thats what pop cans are for...
Open season year round on Red squirrels in Maine. I kill them every chance I get around my house. They have launched multiple, multi-pronged attacks and infiltrated my attic on numerous occasions and done serious damage to wood and wires. No sympathy here.

BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I try to take out their "Head Quarters" whenever possible.

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You will like it. I had to replace the front sight on my 6.5" Single Six to get it to hit POA, after that it is a hoot.
whay are the stock sights so far off? I don't get that. Mine are adjustable so you would think I could zero it in, no?

·
Registered
54 Posts
whay are the stock sights so far off? I don't get that. Mine are adjustable so you would think I could zero it in, no?
I don't think you'll have a problem with the Single Nine, but with some of the single sixes in the 6.5" barrel, the front sight is not tall enough to bring the point of impact down to the sights, even with the rear sight completely bottomed out. replacing the front sight with a taller one solves the issue.

·
Patriot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wife picked the gun up about 2 hours ago. Dealer threw in a box of ammo "for my troubles". Very nice of him, but wasn't his fault!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts