Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear NFL/CBS....I would like to take this opportunity to thank you both for including me as a part of your Super Bowl entertainment. I do feel compelled to point out to you that the Halftime Show should have included some of the local iconic bands that the World would have loved to see perform. Bands like Metallica, Steve Miller, Journey and yours truly. We would have rocked the Half Time Show and done the SF Bay Area proud. This is just an invitation for you to consider iconic bands as part of your Half Time entertainment. Real live music, real live vocals, and give the audience real live chills.

Carlos Santana

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I caught the best part... the last 1 second.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I think they are more into how they can shake it for the show vs what they can sing.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
You'd think they'd cater to the average football fan, instead of the fan's teenage daughter.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Fun fact. I actually have Carlos Santana in my contacts on my phone. :)

As far as the halftime show (which I have not seen yet) are you really surprised? I mean it's freaking football for God's sake! Essentially it's a child's game that is played by adults who refuse to grow up and who get paid millions to win or lose. Like what was said in another thread, the bar is set pretty low.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Dear NFL/CBS....I would like to take this opportunity to thank you both for including me as a part of your Super Bowl entertainment. I do feel compelled to point out to you that the Halftime Show should have included some of the local iconic bands that the World would have loved to see perform. Bands like Metallica, Steve Miller, Journey and yours truly. We would have rocked the Half Time Show and done the SF Bay Area proud. This is just an invitation for you to consider iconic bands as part of your Half Time entertainment. Real live music, real live vocals, and give the audience real live chills.

Carlos Santana
Yours truly?

·
Super Moderator
21,673 Posts
I caught the best part... the last 1 second.
Or when Beyoncé almost went on her big butt. She caught herself with her hand so wasn't down by contact. :D

You would have thought for the 50th they would have gotten someone that could actually sing. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Yikes ... The "bump and grind" brigade would have been much better suited to a local establishment with a pole on center stage :rolleyes:

·
Registered
735 Posts
I can't be appalled by it if I didn't see it!
While these clown "entertainers" are already an embarrassment to the human race, it is totally expected that it would go hand in hand with a bunch of overpaid adolescent fatasses who chase a ball around while a bunch of mindless onlookers bask in the delight it brings them. How can anyone possibly give a damn about the outcome of these shenanigans? Is it that important to anything in life?

·
Registered
553 Posts
How could you tell that the music was so bad? I usually fill up my feeding trough during half-time and relieve the pressure on my bladder, so I don't pay attention to the half-time show. My wife and the other females at our Super Bowl party wanted to watch the half-time. I came back with my feeding trough and could not understand a word they were singing. My wife said either our TV is bad or it was a technical glitch because she couldn't hear a word either. Just noise and people flailing around like they were being attacked by a swarm of bees.

I don't think the average middle-class, middle-age football fan cares for the half-time entertainment, but then the NFL already has us hooked on the game. I read that NFL football is not as popular among the under 35 age group who grew up playing video games, soccer, extreme skate-boarding and such. They are trying to appeal to that demographic and I would say they probably aren't doing a very good job of it.

I don't see how putting on a concert with the current popular musician or band of the moment once a year for about 20 minutes is going to get somebody interested in pro football for another 5 months of the year.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I was hoping that the 50th halftime show would have been a little more nostalgic. Maybe more of a tribute to former performers than a 30 second aerial shot of a video. Was Beyonce, Bruno Mars, and Cold play all they could get?:confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Watched the entire game on mute(nothing against Phil). Other then the game the best part was that 1st Doritos commercial and the pro "choice" crown want an apology

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
It was bad. I actually like Bruno Mars. He's kind of Michael Jackson/Elvis Presley hybrid. I've never understood the attraction to Beyonce (physically or talent wise) and I'm completely indifferent to Coldplay (one word or two?). Still, it was bad. Really bad. Big fat (pun intended) fail.

·
Registered
856 Posts
+1 Like for GunJunkie!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Watched the entire game on mute(nothing against Phil). Other then the game the best part was that 1st Doritos commercial and the pro "choice" crown want an apology
I thought that commercial was the funniest one of the whole show. And yea, I heard about the pro-choice crowd being offended by it. What's their reason?

My wife and all the women in attendance at our SB gathering were laughing so hard at that commercial they had tears in their eyes. I had to replay it on the DVR a couple of times for those that were out of the room and missed it the first time.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I thought that commercial was the funniest one of the whole show. And yea, I heard about the pro-choice crowd being offended by it. What's their reason?

My wife and all the women in attendance at our SB gathering were laughing so hard at that commercial they had tears in their eyes. I had to replay it on the DVR a couple of times for those that were out of the room and missed it the first time.
Made the "fetus" look human if you can believe that:eek:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have lived long enough to have witnessed all 50 of the Super Bowls. I have to say that this one was probably the worse halftime show ever. Beyonce and her fellow twerkers were paying tribute to Malcom X and the Black Panthers as well as Black Lives Matter. Regardless of her feelings on the matter, the halftime show was no place to display it.

Reactions: Tacky
1 - 20 of 23 Posts