Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a ruger superbackhawk new model put a wolf spring kit in it now if i tighten the frame screw (pivot locking pin) it locks thr hammer and trigger back it out and it works ok if you dont pull the hammer back fast if you do the cylinder doesnt lockup and it wont firer i ordered a new pivot pin thinking the old one is bent or out of specs i also think the wolf hammer spring is weak why it doesnt lock or latch when hammer is pulled back fast any help is welcome . Thank you in advance

·
Registered
109 Posts
Description has me a little confused. I would start by capturing mainspring and disassembling the revolver again. Why? The cylinder stop (bolt) or loading gate/stop spring may be binding. In other words, parts may be out of register, causing them to cramp when the grip frame screws are tightened.

One of the two screws behind the trigger has a "rod" on the end of the thread which corresponds with a flute in the hammer pin. This longer screw and thge flute must be on the same side.

When installing grip frame to frame, make sure trigger spring is above trigger shelf and the pawl spring is not cramped.

Be sure mainspring strut is "right side up" and the ball end seats into its pocket in the back of the hammer.
David Bradshaw

·
Registered
824 Posts
Did get the right spring pack? The safety block model takes a different spring set.

You may have the pivot lock screw and cut out in the hammer pivot in backwards. the pivot lock screw and the groove in the hammer pivot have to be on the same side of the frame, I use the side of the frame opposite the loading gate.

Also if you missed or did not capture both loops of the trigger return spring with the pin it can hang up the trigger and may damage the spring.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok i have a ruger superbackhawk new model put a wolf spring kit in it now if i tighten the frame screw (pivot locking pin) it locks thr hammer and trigger back it out and it works ok if you dont pull the hammer back fast if you do the cylinder doesnt lockup and it wont firer i ordered a new pivot pin thinking the old one is bent or out of specs i also think the wolf hammer spring is weak why it doesnt lock or latch when hammer is pulled back fast any help is welcome . Thank you in advance
You have the wrong frame screws in the wrong hole, if you notice the 5 grip frame screws are all different sizes, if you put the wrong sized ones in the wrong hole, then parts will bind and lock up.

SWITCH THE 2 SCREWS on the backside of the revolver on the left/right side of the hammer, this should fix things up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts