Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just under 3,000 rounds on AR556.
Hammer pin is walking out on the left side of receiver.
Can push pin back in with thumb but first pull of trigger walks the pin right back out about .032".
Thinking about the KNS anti-walkout pins.
Anyone have experience with these pins in an AR556?
Thanks

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Just under 3,000 rounds on AR556.
Hammer pin is walking out on the left side of receiver.
Can push pin back in with thumb but first pull of trigger walks the pin right back out about .032".
Thinking about the KNS anti-walkout pins.
Anyone have experience with these pins in an AR556?
Thanks
Very good investment, I use them on all my AR pistols and now and starting to install them on all my rifles. They will prevent the hole from egg shaping and then the lower is worthless. They are worth the investment. They were on sale at Primary Arms for $23 for the gen 2s.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,031 Posts
Very good investment, I use them on all my AR pistols and now and starting to install them on all my rifles. They will prevent the hole from egg shaping and then the lower is worthless. They are worth the investment. They were on sale at Primary Arms for $23 for the gen 2s.
I have two sets of them. They work well. Plus I like the look of them on the rifle.
I agree I have 7 or 8 sets of them, they work great, and keep the pins in place. The factory pins may not have been installed correctly, if they are put in wrong, the springs for the hammer, or trigger may not contact the grooves on the pin allowing it to walk out. But the kns pins will solve that. I have also built one ar with the anti walk takedown pins they are good, but a pain to take out for maintenance, but they do the intended job perfectly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What Diameter?

I have two sets of them. They work well. Plus I like the look of them on the rifle.
KNS has two diameters available,
One is .154'', the other is "oversize" at .1555"

Which size did you use?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Hmmm... <scratching chin>.... My pins walk out a just a teeny bit and hold so I didn't give it a second thought. After reading this though I think I will get the KNS kit. For nothing else but preventing uneven wear, the kit is worth it for that alone.

As far as looks go, they kinda remind me of braces.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have just installed an alg trigger and had the pin walk itself out within the first couple rounds. I removed the pin and reinstalled the original pin. Hopefully that will solve that issue otherwise I will have to look at those antiwalk pins myself.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,031 Posts
KNS has two diameters available,
One is .154'', the other is "oversize" at .1555"

Which size did you use?
Thanks
The .1555 is for receivers that have worn holes, or for some match triggers like the rock river arms, which requires a bigger pin, but for new builds, or fairly new rifles, the .154 is the way to go. Most require the .154. The old colt is the exception.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts