Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i put in the magazine, it seems as if the hammer pivot pin sticks out a lil bit keeping the magazine to eject. i can push it in with my finger tho with no problem. i havent even shot it yet... is this common/a problem? thank you helpers.

Mo

·
Registered
219 Posts
Howdy Mo, and Welcome. Your question is pretty fuzzy. Your pistol model is a what? And you think the hammer pivot pin is keeping what?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just bought the P345 pistol. i noticed while i was cleaning it, the hammer pivot pin would stick out of the frame a lil bit. when its out, the magazine doesnt eject like it should. when i push it in with my finger the magazine ejects like it should... my question is, is the hammer pivot pin supposed to stick out at any time? i havent even shot one round yet because i wanna be sure. thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
In a P345, the ejector is supposed to lock the pivot pin in place. Make sure the 'flag' on the end of the pivot pin is aligned with it's pocket and it is fully seated. Some are sticky and it takes a little tap with a drift to seat it fully. It should then stay in place. The reason you have mag drop issues is because the ejector is not sitting in it's notch in the pivot pin and binds the top of the mag. If you seat the pin fully and it tends to walk out on its own while firing, call Ruger. Every time you push the ejector forward you allow the pivot pin to be removed. It's not an issue unless the pin starts to back out when firing or the pivot pin has been the seated and the ejector is up and locked in the notch on the pivot pin.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 'flag' u mean the part showing on the side? or the inside of it? please excuse my silly questions, i just want to be sure i take care of it accordingly. thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes, the 'flag' is the part showing on the side. If the ejector is down, the pivot pin can come out. Remove the slide, look at the pivot pin with it pushed all the way in and you will see the slot that the ejector sit in to lock it in place. Push the ejector back up and you will be able to see it lock into the slot on the pin. The pin cannot be removed nor can it drift out on it's own. If you hand cycle the gun with the ejector down, the pin can move. With the ejector up, it can't. Stop playing with it and go out and shoot it. If the pin comes out while shooting or changing mags you have a problem and call Ruger. If not, don't worry about it. I'm quite sure that you are the cause of this issue. Don't hand cycle the gun with the ejector down. After you field strip and reassemble it, push the ejector back up before cycling the gun and you shouldn't have a problem. If you do, as I said, call Ruger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks coffee pot. I see what you are saying now. I went out and shot 50 rounds and it was fine... I guess u would call it a "user error" :) thanks again for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts