Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I e mailed Wolff and they said they didn't have a spring for the P345. They told me to email they said call them with the exact demensions and they would make me 1.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Many thanks for the links, RNettles. I just now ordered the hammer spring pak, and a spare recoil spring. I look forward to working on the trigger pull...

Amistad
'not all triggers are created equally'

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
It's not the let-off that is the problem... It is the DA trigger pull that is very heavy... and the lighter springs help, greatly... in lightening the pull... thus, enhancing accuracy in Double Action.

The only problems I have heard are with the "stiff" CCI primers. Otherwise function is 100% with most factory ammo.

The best part of the mod, it's completely reversible.

·
Registered
197 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

Let me know when you get your "New DA" P345...:D
Hey there, RNettles! Got home from work and my Wolff spring set was in the mailbox. I tackled the job and somehow managed to disturb the Hammer Strut, knocking it out of position [V]. But, I oriented the little critter correctly and shoved it back the way it needed to be. By using your good directions, I'm back in business.

I did dry fire it a few times to check the new hammer spring. I have a three-word report to give on the results -- not too shabby! :D I can hardly wait to get this baby back to the range to check it "for real", which will probably be Monday after work.

Thanks again for your able and capable assistance!

Amistad
'anxious to check it out!'

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's really hard NOT to disturb the hammer strut cuz the original spring sets on it little tight. The only way to put it back correctly is to set hammer in upright position prior trying. Remember struggling with that issue myself. ;)

Thanks everybody here for helpful information!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Indeed this is a wonderful place to find helpful information on all sorts of Ruger-related issues. Many thanks to all who contribute regularly!

Amistad
'happy to have my Rugers!'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts