Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a question for those that have replaced their hammer spring in their P-series guns with one of Wolff's replacement springs.

I am going to order their kit that has a 19, 20 and 21lb spring included in the package but, I was wondering if anyone has experienced a light strike with the 19lb spring?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I, personaly, have not. But I have heard of CCI primers as being "if-fy". Evidently they are "stiffer" primers, and this is exactly why Ruger has to use the heavy hammer springs in the first place... So that the pistols will fire all ammunition 100% of the time. My 19 pounders in my P95DPR and P345PR have a 100% bang rate with factory loads of Federal, Winchester, Hornady, Remington and MagTech... 9mm and 45 ACP...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ive got a 19lb Wolff hammer spring in my p-944 and my P-89. Never had a problem with any ammunition manufacturers primer anvils not firing. I use mostly CorBon, CCI Blazers and Black Hills Ammo. Ive heard of +P fully auto assualt weapon ammo having issues but never personal defense rounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts