Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bullseye and all,

I have the MKIII Target, GREAT PISTOL, anyway...

I have done two mods to it, first the sear from VQ I really like how the trigger reacts now. Also, I did the Sam Lam bushing, no more mag issues!

My question is, what is your opinion on the VQ hammer mod, my hammer works fine just wondering if it is a good idea? Also, was wondering about the bolt. Anyone try the new VQ bolt yet? Does anyone have any opinions on mods for the bolt, again I feel, it it ain't broke don't fix it! But just asking!!

Thanks all in advance!!!

Mark

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you're happy with the feel of the factory hammer with the VQ sear there's no reason to change out the hammer for one from VQ. I rarely change both the hammer and sear.

As far as the bolt, I keep an eye out on the factory extractor and if the ejections are inconsistent I'll put in a VQ extractor.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I think you get the most improvement for the buck with the sear, but changing to a VQ trigger so that you can take up pre-travel is next in my book. Don't care for the excessive amount of slack in the trigger to pick up with most Mark IIIs, these days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise.

As for trigger pull, I really don't have much to speak of with the sear installed. The extractor might come into play, down the road. I will have to keep an eye on that.

But both posts are good advise.

Thank you all

M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts