Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,644 Posts
I top out with a couple S&W X-frames, one in .500 S&W and another in .460. In fact, today I just got a box of bullets (bullets for reloading, not cartridges) for the .500. But of the 2, I like the .460 better. I think it’s a better cartridge. But I am a certified member of the wrist breakers club.

·
"The Real Deal"
10,579 Posts
N frame Smith and Wesson Model 29 in 8&38".

Desert Eagle black oxide mark 19 in 50AE, very mild shooter for the caliber, and power.

Alaskan Super Redhawk in 454 casull.

I once fired a box of 500 smith on a 8" X Frame Smith, hand hurt for a month, don't own one. Can't say i enjoyed it.

Reactions: arcticruger

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have Redhawk and Vaquero in 44 mag... no interest in anything more painful.
There is a tickle in the back of my head for the Super Redhawk Alaskan in 44 mag... just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Got rid of my .44 Mag SRH a few years ago. Just to big and bulky for any use that I could think of. Sold if for a nice original Vaquero. Only DAs I own are a couple .44 Specials (GP-100 and CA Bulldog). I guess my .45s and .44Mag/.44 Special BHs/Vaqueros sort-a qualify as 'hand cannons' :) . They'll do the job on anything I am likely to run into in the lower 48 ... and at the range, well, paper doesn't really care how hard you hit it... or a tin can.

Reactions: arcticruger
1 - 20 of 79 Posts