Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to subscribe to a pistol magazine from which I can learn. I'm a hunter, but I never knew much about pistols. I'm about ready to pick up my first pistol, a Mark III .22.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
761 Posts
sounds obvious but "handgunner" is decent, magazines are kind of outdated though when you can learn all of that plus more on this free forum.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
American Handgunner!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Plus 1 for getting info online, just pick your information carefully cause there's a lot of crap out there. There is only 1 decent gun review magazine, and that is Gun Tests. They dont accept advertising. The rest are shills for their advertisers- ever read a bad review of a gun or product in one of the color glossy mags?

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Magazine

American Handgunner!
+1 on "American Handgunner". "Guns" isn't bad either-same publisher, but not strictly handguns. I would not subscribe to "Gun World". I did, and was sorry; not near as well done as "American Handgunner":)

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
The American Handgunner covers a wide range of handguns and has some very good writers also for
Combat Handguns and they have some very entertaining writers.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Plus 1 for getting info online, just pick your information carefully cause there's a lot of crap out there. There is only 1 decent gun review magazine, and that is Gun Tests. They dont accept advertising. The rest are shills for their advertisers- ever read a bad review of a gun or product in one of the color glossy mags?
I'll vote for American Handgunner. They are indeed a color glossy mag. However, I have read gun reviews they've published wherein they pointed out that the gun being tested had this or that problem. I don't have anything to say about Gun Tests magazine, having never given them a look....I'll have to check 'em out on my next outing to Books-A-Million.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
The really neat thing about American Handgunner is they're willing to help their readers. A few years ago, I called them with a gun question I needed help with. They took my name and number....and within 30 minutes, even though he didn't know me from Adam, Publisher/Editor Roy Huntington himself returned my call. :cool: Now THAT is customer service!

·
Registered
674 Posts
The really neat thing about American Handgunner is they're willing to help their readers. A few years ago, I called them with a gun question I needed help with. They took my name and number....and within 30 minutes, even though he didn't know me from Adam, Publisher/Editor Roy Huntington himself returned my call. :cool: Now THAT is customer service!
Dang! I was not looking for a new magazine to read, but now I just might. Bravo!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I'm for American Handgunner as well.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I believe American Handgunner also offers an electronic version, too.

·
Registered
760 Posts
If you want to learn about women, you don't go and read Playboy. If you want to learn about handguns, go out and try a few on and take one home! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts