Ruger Forum banner

Is your main interest handgun, rifle, or shotgun?

• Handgun

Votes: 45 36.6%
  • Rifle

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Shotgun

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Handgun and Rifle equally

Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Handgun and Shotgun equally

• Rifle and Shotgun equally

• All three the same

Votes: 30 24.4%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't think I've seen this, if so, feel free to beat me senseless with hi-cap mags. A simple poll, so easy a caveman or a liberal could do it............:rolleyes:

Is your main interest in handguns, or rifles, or shotguns? Or divided?

I am definitely a handgun guy. The only rifles I've ever owned are 10/22s. The first never got much use, and my current Sporter hasn't either. Maybe 1500 rounds in four years. Never owned a shotgun.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I started with rifles, added handguns, then went to shotguns in a big way with all the bird hunting we did through the years. I've always been a rifle and pistol gal, at heart, though and have about equal number of each. Lately, though, have been adding more rifles than pistols. As much as I love handguns, have to say that rifles are the cornerstone of it all for me.

Haven't shot a shotgun in years, though we still have a few

·
Registered
422 Posts
Excellent pole. Even though I don't have nor could I justify owning a shotgun, I will be buying one soon just for skeet shooting with the father-in-law, uncles, and eventually my dad if I can drag him away from work.

·
Registered
407 Posts
handguns. would be more into rifles if the opportunity to shoot had been available earlier in life, will own them still. shot trap a few times and that is tons of fun as well.

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
625 Posts
So far, I only have my handguns. I have one, maybe two more I'd like to add to my collection.
I'm really interested in getting a Henry Big Boy in .38/.357 and maybe a Mini-14 tactical.
As far as shotguns are concerned, there's a part of me that wants one, thought for the life of my I can't say why. I really have no need for one, but they do go BOOM!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Realtively new to shooting so I have been focusing on handguns mostly brought on by the need for my ccw. I will eventually have a few rifles and shotguns in the stable as well. I want to be well rounded, you know... :D

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Handguns. Appears you escaped the hi-cap mags thrashing.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I've been into "all of the above" throughout my shooting lifetime...hunted game & fowl, shotgun trap & skeet and rifle target shooting. However for the last two years I've narrowed it all down to informal handgun target shooting and very serious handgun plinking.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I voted handgun and rifle. I started to vote all three, but I like handguns and rifles a little more than shotguns. I do love 'em all though. :)

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,305 Posts
All the above! They are all tools and you need the right tool for the right job.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Grew up doing rifle shooting (800m to 1000m full bore target shooting) almost exclusively and never had much opportunity to work with handguns. I have never been a hunter, so now my biggest enjoyment comes from pistol shooting (although I've always enjoyed sub-machine guns).

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
handgun/rifle equally.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I voted all three. While i have hunted all my life, I never thought of myself as a "hunter". Hunting is just something everybody did. I have always wrenched on my own cars but do not think myself as a mechanic or clasify myself as a "tool owner". Where i come from you just take care of your own. Owning ,carrying, and using guns is just one more thing that an American citizen does. They all have a use, so i use them all.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
I like all 3 equally. Have to admit I shoot the rifles and handguns more often, but there's nothing like the end result of a shotgun blast. Nowadays, I carefully compute the bruise to pleasure ratio before taking the 12 gauge to the outdoor range. Hunting is easier since you don't blow through a couple boxes of shells. I have a great deal of fun shooting them all.

·
Registered
677 Posts
For me it is all three the same.

While shooting normal handgun is not available to me owing to UK law which dictates a size limit below which cartridge firearms are prohibited, I am still interested in them and shoot the equivalents that we can still own:

I also enjoy shooting lever action rifles in pistol calibres and shoot a 7.62mm rifle as well although not as much due to ammo cost and range availability.

When it comes to shotguns I enjoy shooting clays and game with a nice O/U but also have a semi-auto for target shotgun and practical shotgun shooting.

Basically if it goes bang I am interested in giving it a try.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Me, mainly a handgunner.
But shoot shotgun and rifle.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Looks like I'm only 1 out of 2 for handguns and shotguns equally. The only rifle I own is a Marlin Model 60 in .22 and my gf has a 10/22. Maybe one day when I get a big boy rifle I'll re-vote. But for now handguns and shotguns take up my interest.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
For me it is all three the same.

While shooting normal handgun is not available to me owing to UK law which dictates a size limit below which cartridge firearms are prohibited, I am still interested in them and shoot the equivalents that we can still own:

I also enjoy shooting lever action rifles in pistol calibres and shoot a 7.62mm rifle as well although not as much due to ammo cost and range availability.

When it comes to shotguns I enjoy shooting clays and game with a nice O/U but also have a semi-auto for target shotgun and practical shotgun shooting.

Basically if it goes bang I am interested in giving it a try.

Those are some funny lookin' handguns. If you ever want to make the trip across the pond and own normal handguns we would love to have you. Just stay away from MA, NY, NJ, RI, CA, IL or any other state filled with anti gunners. Oh and just remember you will have to deal with Piers Morgan again if you come over...sorry about that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts