Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,564 Posts
Nice project! Is the base 2x6 or 2x8 yellow pine? Did you do all the bevel cuts on a table saw? I think it will look great stained.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nga. It's actually a piece of 5/4x6 treated lumber I had left over from another project. Yep, bevel cuts were done on a table saw.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where do you put that when you are done completing it. Do you keep it in your Safe? It looks nice but has a big footprint.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Change of plans though. The stand is really not for any type of "display". It's interesting that when I've wanted to take pic of a semi auto handgun to post on the line I can NEVER find a good spot in my house that has good lighting, good background, good angle...ALL AT THE SAME TIME.o_O

Grip angles all seem to be different across mfg. So, I could cut a new "blank" for every gun...OR, I could cut up an old 'camera gripper stand thing' that we had laying around that never gets used. :geek: Works fantastic. Now I can put any double stack handgun on the stand and adjust it to level. Holds well enough to take any pic.:cool: When done, the stand just gets put back on the bench.

Blurry pic of the CZ, lol, but you get the idea. ;)
0512201635.jpg
0512201634.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Wayne. It's only for 'mounting' the handgun to for taking pictures. There's no way for the magazine to be installed and still have it 'work'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Wayne. It's only for 'mounting' the handgun to for taking pictures. There's no way for the magazine to be installed and still have it 'work'.
I’m new to this forum, but not from shooting! And I made mistakes but sounds like you got it under control with a nice looking pistol rest happy shooting!!

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,292 Posts
👍🏼👍🏼

1 - 12 of 12 Posts