Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,433 Posts
I loved my 10" MkII pistol before it was stolen. It and my current Charger are super accurate. My Ruger revolvers are some of my favorite handguns. My Redhawk .44 mag was on my hip last weekend in the woods. My two Super Single Sixes are pure joy to shoot. My Vaqueros let me live out my Cowboy fantasies. My Blackhawk .357 is the perfect woods/ trail gun. My Super Blackhawk .44 mag is a fabulous gun.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
This thread i like ...
i own roughly 15 Rugers and everyone of them has functioned pretty much flawlessly. The slightest issue and it got resolved by the mother ship on the first go around. I'm product loyal to a dault and till they show fault i'll continue to be a Ruger Guy. My FFL guy calls me Rugerman because he has transferred so many for me. My P90 runs like a top and makes this not so good shooter look pretty good at the range, she is my top performer.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My wife's grandson was here yesterday. I was showin him my RAR .17HMR and could see he was droolin. So I asked if he wanted to try it out (his parents already ok'd me). He put 4 mags thru it + would have cleaned me out if I'd let him. Anyway, I'm expectin a call from them rescinding the ok to let him shoot order. That's gonna cost them a pretty penny! LOL

·
Registered
497 Posts
Same here with my R/A 22 magnum compact. Feeding and ejecting are flawless. Bolt so much smoother than my old Marlin I dumped it. Great accuracy too with that 18 inch barrel. The Vortex Crossfire 2 scope makes a great addition. Decent glass for $129.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
All our Rugers work perfect! Couple went to the shop to be fixed over the years. Returned perfect. We like Ruger firearms!

·
Registered
854 Posts
An old M77 MkII has laid low 90% of the deer I have hunted in my life, many good memories.

An all-weather, Red Label, has currently surpassed the 50% mark of all waterfowl I have freezer-ed, more good memories.

My GP100 always......I mean every time........even for just a cylinder full........ accompanies me on every range outing.

When I pick up one of my Rugers I always love them, like kids, each one has it's own qualities.

I have sold 1 Ruger in my life and regretted it. The rest I still have.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We’ve two LCPII’s a .22 and a .380. We also have two LCR’s a .22 and .38spc. I did have to send the LCPII .22 back for repair (though it was shooting flawlessly) and all are doing fine. Like many small .22’s auto’s the LCPII can be ammo finicky, and grip pressure should be firm.

By contrast I also have two Walthers with one being a S&W PPK .380 bought used, and a 2013 PPK/S .22 each have been back to Walther 3 times for repair. Both are working great now.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
9 Ruger for me and nothing but joy out of all of em. My Mini 14 and SP101 are my fave followed by the Super Blackhawk. But then my MPR is fantastic at the range, accurate and smooth, great shooter.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I have 10 Blackhawks, 357 and 45 Colt, and 41 Mag and some of those Convertibles, Single Six Convertible, Vaquero Birds Head, and Mark IVs and 10.22s used in Steel shoots. All function flawlessly and very reliably. Would not get rid of any of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Let's hear some happy stories about your Rugers instead all the bad things.
I have a ton of great Rugers. My very first adult gun was a Blackhawk. 357 built in 1973 that I bought used in 1980. I have put 35,000 rounds through it. I just recently found a 9mm cylinder for it. It took me about an hour to fit it to my old friend. It has renewed our love affair!
I have only had 1 of my Rugers ever have any problems. Percentages are great as to good experience to small amount of trouble.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I bought a brand new Ruger Blackhawk 357 Magnum in 1971 , my very first centerfire revolver . My pride and joy untill it was stolen in 1995 in Baton Rouge , Louisiana .
I never gave up hope I would get it back ... I just felt it in my soul . I never bought another 357 magnum
In 2014 , for some strange reason , I was placing an order with Midway and ordered a new Lee double cavity 357 bullet mould cut for a gas check , #C358-158-SWC ... I don't own a 357 magnum at the time but felt compelled to order it !
On 10 - 6 - 2015 I get a call from local police , my stolen Blackhawk had been recovered at a pawnshop in Kingman Arizona . The Arizona Police sent it to Baton Rouge Police , they called me , verified I was at my office and brought it to me at the very office it had been stolen from ... and the Officer was the same one who filed the first stolen gun report . He was in uniform then , first year on the job ... now , 20 years later , he was a Detective .
The gun was returned in great shape , just like the day it was stolen 20 years ago ... I had never made a claim on my insurance so the gun was still my property and we were reunited again !
I made the Blackhawk my avatar so I could see it every time I post .

This story always makes me feel good , I'm smiling as I type this :) !
Thanks for starting the feel good thread , I like it and hope more stories are posted !
Gary

1 - 20 of 64 Posts