Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I bought a brand new Ruger Blackhawk 357 Magnum in 1971 , my very first centerfire revolver . My pride and joy untill it was stolen in 1995 in Baton Rouge , Louisiana .
I never gave up hope I would get it back ... I just felt it in my soul . I never bought another 357 magnum
In 2014 , for some strange reason , I was placing an order with Midway and ordered a new Lee double cavity 357 bullet mould cut for a gas check , #C358-158-SWC ... I don't own a 357 magnum at the time but felt compelled to order it !
On 10 - 6 - 2015 I get a call from local police , my stolen Blackhawk had been recovered at a pawnshop in Kingman Arizona . The Arizona Police sent it to Baton Rouge Police , they called me , verified I was at my office and brought it to me at the very office it had been stolen from ... and the Officer was the same one who filed the first stolen gun report . He was in uniform then , first year on the job ... now , 20 years later , he was a Detective .
The gun was returned in great shape , just like the day it was stolen 20 years ago ... I had never made a claim on my insurance so the gun was still my property and we were reunited again !
I made the Blackhawk my avatar so I could see it every time I post .

This story always makes me feel good , I'm smiling as I type this :) !
Thanks for starting the feel good thread , I like it and hope more stories are posted !
Gary
GW, You made me feel better after reading that, cool story.

Reactions: jeepnut711

·
One Star
10,190 Posts
I can say i really like all of my Ruger's,I own more of them than all the other name brands firearms that I own. I own 11 handguns & 2 rifles.

Reactions: jeepnut711

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wife and I own an assortment of Rugers, both rifles and handguns. My wife's SR1911 is her absolute favorite. Absolutely zero complaints for any of them.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This thread i like ...
i own roughly 15 Rugers and everyone of them has functioned pretty much flawlessly. The slightest issue and it got resolved by the mother ship on the first go around. I'm product loyal to a dault and till they show fault i'll continue to be a Ruger Guy. My FFL guy calls me Rugerman because he has transferred so many for me. My P90 runs like a top and makes this not so good shooter look pretty good at the range, she is my top performer.
I'm right there with you on this. I have 14 rugers and am a fanboy to a fault. I will admit that 2 have gone back for minor issues, but have been flawless since. One was a sight issue and the other was the mag release.

Every time I'm looking to add to the bunch, I always end up with a Ruger because they fit me the best. I joke with friends that the Ruger designers must have the same hands as me.

Next one will be the LCR357. Passed on a used one in March and regret it.
After that a Ruglin 1894 to pair with my Blackhawk.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,405 Posts
A brand new SR9C was my first firearm. Also, first to list on my CCW permit (in CA, we can list three). Thousands of rounds since 2013, I only have two FTF. Thanks, WWB.
Single Six Convertible, bought used, introduced me to revolvers and rimfire. Fun to shoot and I regret to this day that I sold it.
Brand new LCRx was my first DA wheel gun. Again, why did I sell it?
AR-556, hello to the world of ARs!

I only read that Ruger has excellent customer service. I’m fortunate that I didn’t have to send any of them to Ruger for repairs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Besides the factory front sight breaking twice, I'm pretty happy overall with my SR1911. The bead blasted stainless finish is actually nicer than my Dan Wesson.

I really like my PC9. Plenty accurate, reliable, just fun to shoot. Using Glock mags are a plus as I have a few. I like my Ruger 57 pretty well too, so far.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've read so many bad problems with the LCPII -- I've had mine for 2 years now, have about 3000 rounds through it, and it has worked like a charm from day 1. I replaced the recoil springs at about 2300 rounds. I pocket carry it pretty much daily (sometimes going to nearby big towns I carry a 9mm or .45 IWB) around my sleepy little village. I carry it in a pocket locker kydex holster due to the SA-type trigger and feel safe. It has never failed to fire except one time with ammo it didn't like, so I didn't buy any more of that ammo. Never any problems since then. A great little pistol that I can put all rounds in a 4" circle from 10 yards quickly. I'll buy another when this one wears out and hope that it's anywhere near as good.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am a fan of Ruger single action revolver's. Out of the box they are a good value, rugged, durable and fun revolvers. With a little do it yourself ability and this forum's knowledge you can make them excellent revolvers. Single action revolvers might not be for everyone but they just feel right in my hand. Shooting them makes me focus on accuracy more than when I shoot semi auto's. Plus they bring a smile to my face when I get to shoot them.

The Single Six is one of the best ideas Bill Ruger ever had. Who would have thought that in 1953 when others were stopping the production of single action revolvers that someone could introduce a rimfire one that would help build a major firearms company. Single sixes are low recoil, good teaching, plinking, pest control, kit or a walk in the woods gun. A Single Seven in .327 or a Single Nine in .22 WMR offer more punch and added capacity for greater versatility. Why wouldn't you want one?

A Ruger New Vaquero is close to a Colt SAA in size. Handy size and fun to shoot. A New Vaquero in 45 colt feels like the perfect match in my hand. I can say I really don't feel the recoil but I do notice my dumb looking grin and hear a few chuckles when shooting mine.

Blackhawks are stout. Mine are far more accurate out of the box than I am. These are a little more serious revolvers than a New Vaquero. They have adjustable sights and can handle heavy loads. Good option for those wanting to hunt with a revolver.

Bearcat is fun for those that like small rimfire revolvers.

You can dwell on problems with Ruger single action revolvers but I doubt you can find better for the price.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We have a LC9s, 2 LCP II's in 380, a EC9s and all run without any problems. The LC9s survived a dunking in the river when I fell in and almost drowned. Dried it all off and lightly oiled no problems.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Let me clarify. I am NOT a fanboy of any particular manufacturer. Whoever has the firearm that fits my need with the best value will get my money. I have 4 Rugers (I know not enough) A S&W and a Mossberg. My wife has a Springfield and a Sig. My son has an LCP that my wife sold him and a Walther MP5 .22LR.

I choose Rugers BECAUSE they have the features I want, they are dependable as a rule and their CS takes care of any problems you might have. They produce quality firearms at a competitive price point.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Have a bunch including multiple LCR/x, SR22, LCPII models plus SP101 and 10/22. Have enjoyed them all with no complaints.

·
Premium Member
4,201 Posts
Ruger is the Ford of gun world. They make durable, reliable modern firearms that most people can afford. I learned a long time ago that internet forums seem to focus on the negatives. How many times have we seen a new members first post be about an issue they're having? Once the issues is resolved we never see them again. OTOH most active members rarely have any significant issues. If you buy enough guns or trucks or watches you'll eventually end up with one that's problematic but that's part of the hobby.

There are very few manufacturers that produce junk and most guns sold work as advertised.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Love my Ruger revolvers. I think the #1 is one of the most attractive rifles out there. Their pistols I’ve had problems with. My profile pic shows my love for Ruger.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have 2 Rugers; an SR1911 and a Mark IV 22/45.

When I got my SR1911 a few years ago, I took it apart, cleaned it, gave it a light lube and took it to the range. I've put several hundred rounds through it with ZERO issues. This is also shooting mostly WWB, so that requires a cleaning after each range trip. Love it.

Same story for when I got my Mark IV. Brought it home, cleaned it, light lube, took it to the range. Ran a hundred rounds of CCI Mini mags through it, ZERO issues. Then I ran another 100-150 of Federal bulk through it. ZERO issues. Only modifications I've made is to had a Hi Viz front site to it.

Couldn't be happier with Ruger at this point.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Moonshiner, those are two nice guns. I have the SR1911 and have put close to 3,000 rounds through mine. I also have a Mark IV 22/45 Lite and have about 1,000 rounds through that. Multiple ammo choices with both and they just plain run. I will say I keep my guns clean.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ruger is the Ford of gun world. They make durable, reliable modern firearms that most people can afford. I learned a long time ago that internet forums seem to focus on the negatives. How many times have we seen a new members first post be about an issue they're having? Once the issues is resolved we never see them again. OTOH most active members rarely have any significant issues. If you buy enough guns or trucks or watches you'll eventually end up with one that's problematic but that's part of the hobby.

There are very few manufacturers that produce junk and most guns sold work as advertised.
Excellent points. You don't remain in a business where quality counts if you cannot produce quality products in a great percentage of your units.

I think the only variable would be if your market was discount based like dollar stores then people are not expecting top quality because they are not paying for that, but they know that going in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thank all of those who replied to this post it's nice to hear from the members that are happy with their guns and not bashing them and saying go buy a Glock. I have four revolvers all .357 and four pistols all 9mm. I had one problem sent it to Ruger and had it back fixed in a little over a week so my satisfaction with Ruger is very close to a ten. Once again thanks and let's hope and pray that 2021 is better for our country than 2020.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts