Ruger Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,999 Posts
Our 'Wild Turkey' is still wandering around the back yard. A flock was passing though each afternoon for a while, we presume 'he' was one of them but he has a really bad limp and maybe could not keep pace. Against my better judgement 'we' (my wife) has been putting out food in hopes that he can heal up and move on but ... winter isn't always mild here in NH so I expect that he will just disappear at some point.
It is almost time to go visit friends (more like family) for Thanksgiving Dinner. There is much for me to be thankful for this year. It didn't look like my wife was going to wake up from open heart surgery back in February, when she did, after 10 days, it didn't seem like a good thing as her mentation was very much lacking but after a couple of months between hospital and nursing home she is home and doing very well. Saturday will be our 46th anniversary.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the friends here who I haven't actually met ... yet!

Bruce

· Registered
15,923 Posts
Our 'Wild Turkey' is still wandering around the back yard. A flock was passing though each afternoon for a while, we presume 'he' was one of them but he has a really bad limp and maybe could not keep pace. Against my better judgement 'we' (my wife) has been putting out food in hopes that he can heal up and move on but ... winter isn't always mild here in NH so I expect that he will just disappear at some point.
It is almost time to go visit friends (more like family) for Thanksgiving Dinner. There is much for me to be thankful for this year. It didn't look like my wife was going to wake up from open heart surgery back in February, when she did, after 10 days, it didn't seem like a good thing as her mentation was very much lacking but after a couple of months between hospital and nursing home she is home and doing very well. Saturday will be our 46th anniversary.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the friends here who I haven't actually met ... yet!

Bruce
A true blessing on this day of thanksgiving ... happy anniversary a few days early to you and your wife ...

· Registered
1,146 Posts
@Fire Escape good to hear about your wife rebounding from what had to be scary and difficult time.

Many thanks here and pretty much always. From my own experience, I've done some traveling around the globe and I never wander far from being grateful of what I have, need / want.

Raised by a single mom who did whatever it took to put food on the table. The apples of her three kids didn't fall very far from the tree in being productive members of society. Thanks mom. Unfortunately, she caught the flu and missed our gathering yesterday, but I still gave her a visit.

Very thankful for our forum community, I look forward to checking in a often as possible.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts