Ruger Forum banner

Happy V-E Day 75th Anniversary

347 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rickclark28 
#1 ·
Today is the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe over Nazi Germany thus ending World War 2 in Europe. I am fortunate enough to have had some WWII vets play very instrumental roles in my life including my grandfather who was there in the beginning from North Africa all the way through, a friend who all during high school I helped him out on his farm and he drove tanks for Patton, and a three war veteran who passed on about a year ago and his wife just joined him about a month ago. I wish my boys could have met these amazing men. Now, when they learn what these men and so many like them have done for this country and the world, it will be a little more abstract.

Thank you to all our veterans, from all wars and peacetime.

#3 ·
Our family will never forget the sacrifices our family went through. Those that endured and served should always be remembered. Too many Americans take for granted what we have and some do not know what V-E day is or what it took to win Victory in Europe over Nazi Germany. Growing up my life has been impacted by those vets that served in a very positive way and I am very grateful.
+1 "Thank you to all our veterans, from all wars and peacetime."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.