Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go by pet smart and get a bag of lizard litter, now it does make alot of dust so I clean with that outside. I then finsh all the steps in reloading excet charging with primers and powder. For the finally step in cleaning my brass I use Lyman corn cobb sure puts a nice shine on them too. Then i finsh loading them and put them up for range day.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Snuffy ;

If You should get some particularly scruffy looking "pick ups", soak them in "Hot" white vinegar first, then rinse in clear water & let them dry. Then tumble them.
Oh, . . . . by the way, take Your "lizard Litter" outside & pour it from the bag back & forth a few times into a big bucket, set up in front of a regular electric box fan ! The litter goes into the bucket, & the dust blows away.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
41 Magnum, Haddn't heard of soaking in hot vinegar before, thanks for the tip. Frank

·
Registered
9 Posts
Clean Cob of the correct granule size is available from Powder Valley at $17 for 40 pounds (last order). That is better than any of the bedding types I have found. 40 pounds is a bunch.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the site, checked out like the price on powders. Where did ya find the corn cobb I look maybe too hard and didn't see it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.