Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have the non swivel version on my Rem 700 Varmint .223 and if its sturdy enough for that 26in heavy barrel monster, it will take any abuse it will see on the 10/22. I did some online research, mostly forums and everyone recommended the Harris, one of the best bipods available. You could get the non swivel version for about 80.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have tried several brands Trying to save a few bucks. Every time I gave the off brand away and bought a Harris.
Harris bipods are money well spent

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I have tried several brands Trying to save a few bucks. Every time I gave the off brand away and bought a Harris.
Harris bipods are money well spent
+1

Buying junk is usually more expensive than buying quality the first time. After 60 years I know, trust me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Caldwell or Shooters Ridge bipods are pretty good and about half the cost as a Harris. Never had any problems with mine other than miner surface rust, given i am in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Walmart is now selling Blackhawk 6-9 bipods that pivot, for $40. They, also, come with a pivot lock, an extra $30 on a Harris.

I go me one:

·
Registered
144 Posts
You know, I wanted to get a Harris bipod pretty bad a few months. Almost bought one on a couple of occasions. I eventually had the realization that I could easily have a triangular stand out of some thin steel round-stock. It would weight much less and not have to be toted around on the gun continuously. Wont cost 50-90 bucks either.

I have yet to make one, but I may in a few weeks if I get bored enough. Bipods are kind of the tactical thing, which makes ~me~ think it should always be there. I couldn't justify the weight that far forward on the gun. Just my view on it. But, of course, it's not near as big of a deal on a lighter rimfire firearm.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I am looking at getting a Harris S-BRM Bipod Leg Notch Sling Swivel Stud Mount 6" to 9" Black and want to see if anyone has suggestions for a comparable substitute for a lower price. Thanks

Harris S-BRM Bipod Leg Notch Sling Swivel Stud Mount 6 to 9 Black
I tried a cheaper one and now have two Harris's. You get what you pay for. The cheap one I returned because it was...well... cheap. Mounting and legs weren't secure enough to do anything but frustrate me. Harris makes quality products.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would highly recommend the NC StarPrecision grade bipeds! They are almost identical to Harris bipods, but there only thirty dollars. You can Search " bipods"
on amazon and you will find them.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Harris makes a good bipod never tried another brand I have two sizes and the swivel works great ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts