Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my limited travels around town, I've noticed that gas prices have jumped up with the state(s) "opening" back up even though oil prices are still in a depressed state ...

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
It's $1.64 here, which is down from last week. If it's going up they'll hit us Tuesday or Thursday.......Those are the days they jack the prices here in the St. Louis area.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
around here it was averaging say 1.49'ish ... now it's up to 1.89 ... 40 cents in roughly a week ...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Depressed oil prices...reduced production...refined gas supply lowering...gas prices will increase as demand swells!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,761 Posts
Prices are stuck here in our local community at $2.29. Never did see it drop any lower and wondered why. Truth is I’m just not driving much to really matter right now. But that will soon change.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good ole California, $2.89 today and going up. It's been so nice seeing it below $3.00 but it will soon be way north of that with their special "summer blend" coming up.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,373 Posts
Good ole California, $2.89 today and going up. It's been so nice seeing it below $3.00 but it will soon be way north of that with their special "summer blend" coming up.
Ouch $2.89.... its $1.44 here i did see it go as low as .99 recently. Have not seem it that low since i was in high school. Then again cigarettes were $1.29 then. as well, now i believe close to $5.00, a carton $45 to $50 dollars. Glad i kicked the habit in 2012. As for gas, still hooked i guess.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There were some stations got below a buck a gallon here but no where near i live. The lowest i got the benefit of was around $1.20 .... Price going up so somethings here in the Buckeye State are getting back to "normal" ...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes it went up. Our county is now in yellow. Gas went from 1.81 to 1.99 at the turkey hills. Walmart was still 1.79 last night,

·
Registered
380 Posts
what's it in the New England states?

I paid $1.79 for gas last Friday in Epsom, NH. Best I have done on diesel was $2.39 two weeks ago, it has slid back up a little to $2.45. I saw heating oil advertised at $1.99 last week, we are still using that (well, most are, we use propane) since temperatures have been mostly stuck at 10 or more degrees below 'average' here for quite a while.

Bruce

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
It's $1.70 right now in my area (NC). I suspect it will go up before the end of the month. Restrictions are being lifted and people are getting back to work. I started back at the office yesterday and noticed traffic is picking up too...something I did not miss. Funny I was just reading an article today that said truck sales have more than doubled during this pandemic due to gas prices. It won't stay this low forever though. Enjoy it while you can.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,373 Posts
I saw this and figured you guys would enjoy it....

This is priceless!

All these examples do NOT imply that gasoline is cheap; it just illustrates how outrageous some prices are.
You will be really shocked by the last one (at least, I was)!!!
Think a gallon of gas is expensive?
This makes you think, and also puts things into perspective.

Diet Snapple, 16 oz. , $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon!
Starbuck's Reg. Coffee 16 oz., $2.10... $16.80 per gallon!
Lipton Ice Tea, 16 oz. , $1.19 ... $9.52 per gallon!
Gatorade, 20 oz. , $1.59 .... $10.17 per gallon!
Ocean Spray, 16 oz. , $1.25 .. $10.00 per gallon!
Brake Fluid, 12 oz. , $3.15 .... $33.60 per gallon!
Vick's NyQuil, 6 oz. , $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon!
Pepto Bismol, 4 oz., $3.85 . $123.20 per gallon!
Whiteout, 7 oz. , $1.39 ....... $25.42 per gallon!
Scope, 1.5 oz. , $0.99 ....$84.48 per gallon!
And this is the REAL KICKER.

Evian water, 9 oz. , $1.49 ..$21.19 per gallon!
$21.19 for a gallon of WATER!! and the buyers don’t even know the source!!
(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)
Ever wonder why computer printers are so cheap? So they can hook you for the ink. Someone calculated the cost of the ink; you won't believe it but it's true: $5,200 a gal.
$5,200 A GALLON!!!
So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn’t run on water, Scope, Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, NyQuil or, God forbid, Printer Ink!!!!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Nice post Tacky. Anyone remember the video out about 10-15 years ago about the cost per pound of venison. “The most expensive meat on the planet” if you took Into account all the related expenses. My wife showed it to me before a deer hunt with my buddies. I’m sure she was trying to tell me something, but I didn’t get it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don’t know where most of you are, but the cheapest it’s been around here is $2.79/gallon. Of course, we are hours from any big city. We are probably soaked on the fuel truck transportation costs.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,373 Posts
It was a $1.54 a few minutes ago for regular, filled up since work tom.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
2 weeks ago, it was $1.19 at the nearest station. Tonight it was $1.94

1 - 20 of 33 Posts