Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has had particular issues with theirs. Mine has been back to the factory twice, they have replaced several parts first the barrel and slide etc., in the beginning I had light primer strikes, feed problems, ejecting problems etc, second time in they replaced some springs, ran pretty well when I got it back using cci, aguila, federal. after 200 rounds just started misfeeds, ejection problems and now is pretty much unusable. Ruger has responded and quickly but has anyone else had issues when they got theirs from repair thanks ! Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yea, mine’s been nothing but problems. Been back three times, this time they are destroying it and sending me a new one. I’m not very hopeful though, given my experience and all the troubles I keep hearing about recent ones. It’s as if the first ones released were better and the new versions are getting worse. Kind of counterintuitive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, mine’s been nothing but problems. Been back three times, this time they are destroying it and sending me a new one. I’m not very hopeful though, given my experience and all the troubles I keep hearing about recent ones. It’s as if the first ones released were better and the new versions are getting worse. Kind of counterintuitive.
Thank you for sharing with me, hopefully they will replace them and they work thank you

·
Registered
510 Posts
Several threads on the LCPII .22. Mine has basically been flawless when I shoot good ammo. The one issue that I and others have documented here and to Ruger is issue of manually ejecting an unfired round with rounds left in the magazine. Not every time but frequently, trying to extract a dud will result in a jam. Rugers response to me, after sending it in, was simply to refer me to the manual for clearing a jam or unloading pistol. Manual says the drop the mag first. Not a reasonable procedure when under duress. There is a design flaw with the pistol that Ruger should address.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Several threads on the LCPII .22. Mine has basically been flawless when I shoot good ammo. The one issue that I and others have documented here and to Ruger is issue of manually ejecting an unfired round with rounds left in the magazine. Not every time but frequently, trying to extract a dud will result in a jam. Rugers response to me, after sending it in, was simply to refer me to the manual for clearing a jam or unloading pistol. Manual says the drop the mag first. Not a reasonable procedure when under duress. There is a design flaw with the pistol that Ruger should address.
I agree and thank you thats whats happening with mine now, they changed the barrel on mine once and it seemed to be better but I think also as you said the design is flawed. when I have a jam I drop the magazine but this gun as probably yours is a new gun and this should not be happening. thanks !

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Does dropping the magazine prior to attempting to clear a dud round work?

Reactions: NicksFinds

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does dropping the magazine prior to attempting to clear a dud round work?
It seems to work on mine most of the time but now I also have an issue even when I do that sometimes the barrel holds the dud cartridge,Something new every week with mine.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The ejecting the magazine to clear, wonder how much that has to do with a stiff or tight magazine.

I don't have mine yet, but looked at the lcp and the g44 at a store. Couldn't believe both magazines are 10 rounds. Glocks looked like it coulda held 30, and was surprised they could get 10 in the Ruger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ejecting the magazine to clear, wonder how much that has to do with a stiff or tight magazine.

I don't have mine yet, but looked at the lcp and the g44 at a store. Couldn't believe both magazines are 10 rounds. Glocks looked like it coulda held 30, and was surprised they could get 10 in the Ruger.
Ive got six magazines they all do the same thing. Not sure

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Mine had light strikes with Mini Mags at the beginning, but they stopped when the pistol got broken in. Then I started getting premature slide lock backs. Ruger replaced the slide lock, and on my subsequent range trip last week, I had one premature lock back on the 2nd mag, followed by 90+ rounds of Mini Mags and Interceptors with no problems. I'll be keeping an eye on things, but I'm hopeful.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Probably required reading, brought to us by the Ruger Lawyers....Gun Safety Rules and all...

That's a given, I'm just glad Ruger got away from printing all that on the side of their guns.

Reactions: Doc Holliday

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I'm one of the lucky ones whose LCP 22 has been nearly flawless in about 650 rounds. 1 dud round, one fte and everything else has run fine. Mine also eats bulk pack ammo so no need for expensive premium 22.

Last shooting session with it was an entire box of Federal Automatch that all fired fine.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes dropping the mag allows a dud round to be extracted on mine. My contention is the angle of the rounds in the magazine coupled with a strong spring interferes with the manual extraction of a live round or dud. It could also be that the magazine is simply too long for the size grip.

Either way IMO the inserted mag causes the top round to be in the way of the round being extracted sufficiently to allow the extractor to finish doing its job.

·
Registered
510 Posts
+1

Beginning to think so....does anyone have a lighter tensioned mag spring they can try in there?
Hah! Since I have five of them, mags that is, I’ve taken one and cut off about six spirals of the spring but alas no difference. I plan to go to the range this week and make sure the gun still cycles properly. I’ll take my snips with me and if it fires properly I’ll try another few.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hah! Since I have five of them, mags that is, I’ve taken one and cut off about six spirals of the spring but alas no difference. I plan to go to the range this week and make sure the gun still cycles properly. I’ll take my snips with me and if it fires properly I’ll try another few.
Cutting coils only reduces preload, which might help when there's only one round in the magazine. Load ten rounds and you end up with the exact same spring weight as before you cut it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious if anyone has had particular issues with theirs. Mine has been back to the factory twice, they have replaced several parts first the barrel and slide etc., in the beginning I had light primer strikes, feed problems, ejecting problems etc, second time in they replaced some springs, ran pretty well when I got it back using cci, aguila, federal. after 200 rounds just started misfeeds, ejection problems and now is pretty much unusable. Ruger has responded and quickly but has anyone else had issues when they got theirs from repair thanks ! Any info appreciated.
Yeah mine is kind of a piece of junk too. But then ill have 10 mags fire flawless. I could be dragging my finger on the slide or limp wristing it. Or even a bad mag. Its frustratung cause my sr22 has never had a failure of any kind after 1000s of rounds of bulk and premium. These are simple machines, its ridiculous that it is so hit or miss

1 - 20 of 34 Posts