Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased and tried the new X22 stock from Magpul? Several places have the stock in stock for sale. What do you think of it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark,
Received my fde hunter x-22 magpul stock last Friday. Fitted my action and .920 hogue target barrel with timney trigger group easily into stock. Stock has reversible barrell channel, so I removed 3 screws and inserted it upside down. The channel has a 3/32" pressure ridge approx 3/4" from end. Torqued down 3 screws of channel with fat wrench set to 10 inch lbs. Set action into stock and using original bolt, I fat wrenched to 20 inch lbs. Excellent stock. Two extra butt stock spacers were included and I needed one. Sighted in at 50 yds and then shot 25 rd shot groups off the bench as quickly as I could return to point of aim. Three gun rimfire competition the next day so I wanted match like conditions. Bulk Remington golden bullets kept group size to just over an inch. Ran second mag and group opened up to one and one half inches. Waited 20 minutes, covered barrel with cardboard in noonday sun, then ran a third mag if 25. Group tightened back up to an inch as quickly as I was POA. Ready for match. Came in 2nd place in my class all offhand shots from 25 to 50 yds. Redfield chineze 3-9 set on 4x for match, 9x to sight in. UTG quick connect rings. Very happy with stock. Looks good, shoots better.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very good post. You tested under real world conditions. The stock sounds like it is winner. Congrats on your 2nd place finish. I'll have to pick one up when I can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my black one over a week ago now. I also opted for the 3/4 " cheek riser. Works great with my strange spot weld.

Love it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts