Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for someplace that made bullets that was located within driving distance. I found the Missouri Bullet Company. It's a small (husband and wife) fairly new operation that looks like they make a great product. They give the hardness rating for all of their bullets so you can match for velocities you need and they give a good explanation of why it's important and the formula for it in their Technical section. They also charge a flat rate of $9.85 for confirmed shipping up to 65lbs (2000 235gr bullets). At that rate it's probably cheaper for me to have it shipped then drive the 50 miles down there but since it's a nice drive I think I'll go down on Saturday and pick up a couple boxes to try.

http://www.missouribullet.com/

Given their size I suspect that if there is a hardness/bullet combination you need that they don't have listed they will probably make them for you.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
havn't tried them but i do appreciate the link and will keep them in mind.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Terry.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Where ar ethey in Missouri? I didn't see an address....prices look good though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where ar ethey in Missouri? I didn't see an address....prices look good though.
The address is 1551 Southwest 25th Road Kingsville, MO 64061.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
thanks for the site I am sure to order some soon, well after the tax folks get theirs lol. They are cheaper than the ones I have been dealing with, wished I had known about them before I ordered that 1,000 from Meister I paid 107.33 for them. Could have got 2,000 for the price I paid them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It looks like they (in 38/357) are cheaper than the outfit I use if quantities of 2000 are ordered. The bullets look about the same but the BNH of Midstates is 16. Here is a link for them so you can compare. Their pricing includes delivery.

http://www.carrollsweb.com/gunshop/html/midstates_cast_bullets.html
Mercy! With the recent upward spiral of the prices of metals (both precious and otherwise), it's amazing that these folks have the same price structure that they've had in place for nearly three years! Maybe I'd better grab a bunch of this stuff! :D

Amistad

·
Registered
65 Posts
I plan on ordering some .452 bullets and some .357 bullets from them soon ! I think the formula on their web site is refering to pressure of the load rather than the velocity ! i e- mailed them back before christmas and told them the pressure of the load i was intending and they Emailed me back with a bullet recomendation ! both in style and hardness ! Great service for a customer that hasnt even bought their product yet ! I was impressed enough that when i need bullets i will buy them from Missouri for sure ! Kevin

·
Registered
219 Posts
I ordered 500 each .357 and .45 Colt yesterday. The hardness is more in line with my loads than the first batch of bullets from another vendor. Price was better also.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I know this thread is a couple of months old, but last week I received 2000, 125gr LRN from Missouri Bullet Co. for $107. Not a bad deal at all......:)

·
Super Moderator
21,469 Posts
It looks like they (in 38/357) are cheaper than the outfit I use if quantities of 2000 are ordered. The bullets look about the same but the BNH of Midstates is 16. Here is a link for them so you can compare. Their pricing includes delivery.

http://www.carrollsweb.com/gunshop/html/midstates_cast_bullets.html
In this post I gave a link to Midstates Cast bullets whom I have done business in the past. I recently contacted them as I planned to order a couple of thousand cast bullets and was told the owner had recently passed away. I thought I would pass this on to avoid having the family bothered any further needlessly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I went to the site posted for Missouri bullets but All I get is a page telling about them. No order info no contact info no bullet info. What gives:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Missouri bullets

I've been using Missouri bullets for going on a couple years. I have found nothing but very high quality in all the bullets I've ordered and the customer service is outstanding. Many of my shooting friends here have also switched over to Missouri Bullet products for the same reasons and I don't think the prices can be beat.

Jim in Fallon,NV

1 - 16 of 16 Posts