Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a sr22 last week and I just loved the way it looked and didn't do my research first. All the reviews I find about loose barrels and broken takedown levers are from 6 months ago or longer. My serial number starts with 361. I've shot it about 500 times and I've noticed a tiny nick on the takedown lever. The slide also has a small amount of side to side play. Still seems to shoot great and pretty accurate. Should I be worried with this thing? I love it and would hate for anything to go wrong with it

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Shoot it and enjoy it. If something should go wrong with it, Ruger will take care of it for yo. Got my SR22 (serial no. prefix 360) last summer. Have 500 or so rounds through it with not one hiccup as yet. Love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife says I'm paranoid about it and I probably am haha. It's my first semi auto handgun and I want it to last. I just bought a nice holster for it and 3 more magazines plus about two thousand rounds so I've got some money tied up in it. I was thinking they must have worked all the issues out because all the problematic reviews I've read are over six months old.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ive put 2 boxes of federal blue box bulk through my sr22 (bought in june) and not one single issue at all other that 2 FTE's. as phred said shoot the bejesus outta it, give it a good inspection after each range trip... and send it in if you need to.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I purchased my SR22 last January (test fired Dec 19th) and of course has “SR22 Pistol” on the slide. I only have about 500 rounds thru her and the only problems were a few failures to eject with some underpowered American Eagle hp’s. I plan to take her to range this week and shoot 500 rounds of Mini-Mags, and if something breaks, I know Ruger will make things right.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I have two SR22P pistols and I have shot many boxes of Federal Blue Box 525 through them. The pistols have functioned with tremendous reliability and they are still in "like-new" condition. Enjoy the pistol and shoot it a lot! 22 ammo is still cheap, thank goodness.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I bought mine in mid July and have 550 rnds through it with no problems.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I picked up a SR22-CT in Aug, to date I have put 2438 rds thru the barrel with no malfunctions or problems, It has been a great little pistol to shoot, I could not be any happier with my SR22..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like I got a pretty good gun. Put about 200 rounds through it today with no issues. I love this gun. I'll keep shooting it and god forbid something does happen I'm sure ruger will make it right from everything I've read.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I've got two of them each with about 2500 rds of Federal red box Walmart. I've had no issues at all wth either one. But I do have a Twin Tactical took down lever in my parts just in case I have a take down lever break. Whitch Ruger would fix if I sent it in. I've got an o ring in one as a recoil buffer. I haven't seen many posts lately about bad take down levers so hopefully Rugers got that worked out. They're great little pistols. Try a box of Stingers sometime. It's a big difference from the High velocity ammo. Have someone shoot the gun while you stand off to the side 1 mag bulk then 1 mag Stingers you'll see what I mean.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
The faults we hear onsite here would be very few if you consider it proportionally to the number sold.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Not only that, but keep in mind that people who have a problem with a product are much likelier to complain than those who have a good experience.
Why Ditto, would you complain if you're only having a good experience?:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
The wife and I have put around 1000rnds. through her SR22 and have just cleaned it for the first time and shows no signs of wear. Shoots everything you feed it. Only complaint is that I wish I had another one.
Couldn't be happier! :)
Rod

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The wife and I have put around 1000rnds. through her SR22 and have just cleaned it for the first time and shows no signs of wear. Shoots everything you feed it. Only complaint is that I wish I had another one.
Couldn't be happier! :)
Rod
That's what happened to me bought one for the wife because she tought my MKIII was too heavy. So I bought her and SR22,I liked it so much that I bought one for myself. Then she decided maybe the MkIII wasn't so heavy after all and I had to buy one of her own. Hope she doesn't start liking my SR1911 now.:eek:

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.