1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
15,189 Posts
Hmmmmm.............stick with my Ranger Boats hats!!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I'm a hat bloke.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I've often noticed that certain types of hats just don't look right on certain people. Example: A cowboy hat, or an Indiana Jones hat [fedora]....either one would NOT look right on me [trust me, I've tried them on, and the results were embarrassing]. BUT, a ball cap, now there's a look I can pull off.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I always wear hats. They keep my shiny forehead and bald spot (in back) from blinding other folks when the sun is out.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I've often noticed that certain types of hats just don't look right on certain people. Example: A cowboy hat, or an Indiana Jones hat [fedora]....either one would NOT look right on me [trust me, I've tried them on, and the results were embarrassing]. BUT, a ball cap, now there's a look I can pull off.
My wife tells me I look good in a fedora and I have several. I can't do the baseball cap thing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
+1

·
Registered
66 Posts
I feel naked without a hat. I wear one all the time, and I'm not even bald lol. The woman will yell at me quite often cause I even fall asleep wearing a hat, and when I'm not wearing a hat, I'm wearing a hard hat. It's like an addiction, I can't help it. I wear the same ball cap until I destroy it and then replace it with the same one, I shouldnt admit this but I'm a die hard Pirates fan so I've stuck with that for the past 6 years.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
My wife tells me I look good in a fedora and I have several. I can't do the baseball cap thing.
Looks like we're in opposite situations on the hat deal. ;)

·
Administrator
22,780 Posts
In the cold weather in NH I wear a wool watch cap and have for years. The rest of the year it's no hat or a broad brimmed hat for the sun typically cowboy style. When we head to TX I get the Stetson and boots out.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
In the cold weather in NH I wear a wool watch cap and have for years. The rest of the year it's no hat or a broad brimmed hat for the sun typically cowboy style. When we head to TX I get the Stetson and boots out.
Same here. I only wear a hat for a reason -cold, rain, or snow. But I do have a straw hat for the summer.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I usually only wear hats for heat retention. I sometimes wear a hat for the sun. My wife says I look good in military-style brimmed hats. She also approves winter hats. So, when I need to, that is what I wear. She does allow the occasional bandana for sweat while working the yard and field. Ultimately, I do not wear hats unless it is needed for heat, sweat, or... to impress the cool kids.. HA!

I don't watch sports, so I have no need to broadcast my favored team. :)

BUT if I can, I will show my pride in my favorite firearm brand- Ruger!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I switched to Indy style fedoras in college when I spent more time ice fishing than being in class. I finally retired the old brown felt hat for a larger canvas grey fedora. About Jan I'll replace the felt hat. Its become a staple at work, people don't recognize me anymore without it.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
I wear hats year round. Mostly ball caps but I wear a Tilley also if I'm looking for that rakish look.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Baseball and Cowboy hats for me...I wear a cowboy hat when working with the mower in dusty situations to keep the grit off my neck and off my scalp.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I'm much more likely to wear a fedora than any other type of hat.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Ok, if I insult someone's hat I'll just apologize ahead of time, I'm very opinionated on hats.

First the fedora...not a fan, maybe they had a place in history but today, in my opinion, they look pretty strange even on the latest 9 year old superstar singing sensation.

The "ball cap"...on the right person it can even be worn in a upscale situation. Always acceptable as work or casual wear. Any ball cap worn sideways or in a manner not approved by the PRCA must legally be removed and the wearer appropriately punished.

The "cowboy hat"...again, can be worn in upscale situations, often paired nicely with a tux jacket and a new pair of starched cowboy cut Wranglers. Also perfectly acceptable in work and casual situations. Always acceptable wear for men or women as long as they have a real ******* accent.

Those hats that cab drivers wear (have no idea what they are called)...don't like them, I really, really don't like them. However if the wearer has an Irish or English accent it is perfectly acceptable...or a gnome, I think gnomes can pull off the look when they aren't wearing the pointy hats.

Now, I was raised in ******* land with horses, cows and all kinds of critters so my opinion is totally biased.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I wear hats year round. Mostly ball caps but I wear a Tilley also if I'm looking for that rakish look.
Same here. My favorite, particularly in the winter is Irish Tweed Flat caps. They go with just about anything and can look classy with slacks or casual with Wrangler Jeans. Walmart sells a light material flat cap that wears well anytime. I haver several cowboy hats, but George Strait, I'm not. The felt hats are more narrow brim. Among the western hats I have a couple of straw with wide brim for working outside. One of the straws is a Gus Lonesome Dove Hat. Just kicking around, I have a collection of baseball style that includes camo for hunting, although I mostly wear a boonie.

I only have one fedora style hat and is rainproof with cord attached for wind. I plan to get another looking at Peters Bros hats in Fort Worth if I can find one I can afford.

I have a British Pith Helmet, bought at a garage sale. It's great and cool for working in the yard. The hat is so dorky I wont wear it in public, however. ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts