Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P89 which I'm very happy with. Shoots great, accurate it is my everyday carry gun. I had a P95 that I sold after only having it for a month or so. Had no problems with it, just sold it to finance a different pistol.

The logistics / tactical part of me says getting a P95 is a smart move. Both use the same mag, same manual of arms same ammo etc.

The wanting a new toy part of me say to get something else.

Just looking for some opinions.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
How about a p-90? Different mags/ammo but probably most of the holsters out there will innerchange with the 89.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about getting the P90. It is on my buy list. Gander Mountain has the P95 on sale right now. $319 so that is kind of what got me thinking of buying the P95.

·
Registered
126 Posts
P95 was my first centerfire auto, it's accuracy and reliability still amaze me......go for it, at that price, areal bargain.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If the P95 is a KP95DC....stainless with decocker...I'd jump on it...the decockers are soon to be no more...if it's a safety model or not stainless...I'd hunt for a KP90DC instead-then you'd have one of each of the most trouble-free Rugers ever made....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm fond of the de-cockers and stainless...you may like and be used to the safety model...what's your P89(also on my list)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My P89 is the safety model. Used to it now, carry it with the safety off, relying on the long DA pull and the FP block. Nice to be able to put it on safe when loading / unloading though.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Heck yes! Buy it now while it's on sale and save for a P90 or P345.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sheepdog, I have a blued P95DPR and love it so much. It's dedicated not for display purpose, and pretty well taken care of. So, basically I see no big difference with stainless model. ;)

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I'm a big stainless steel fan also. For every day carry, the wear and tear is a little easier to fix on stainless. Scratchs are pretty easy to fix. The truth is, if you are not going to carry it every day, day-in and day-out, rain or shine, it really doesn't matter much. Stainless takes a little less care, but it will</u> rust if you're careless. If you like blued guns and do carry all the time, just be sure to wipe it down good every night.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I coat my CCW once a month with drylube in the summertime and handle it at least three times or more a day. I couldn't get away without rust if it wasn't stainless.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Johngoboom

I can't believe you even asked this group, ya already know everyone here is going "BUY IT, BUY IT!".:)
BUY IT, BUY IT! ( [}:)] ) :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts