Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you used a dry lubricant? I hadn't until about a year ago, and somewhere I read about one called Eezox. I looked it up on the Internet and after reading about it, I tried it. I first tried it on my CCW, and now I use it on everything. I don't use any other Lubricants, and its the best Lubricant I've found. I would like to hear any other opinions from anyone else that has used it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I inquired about a dry lubricant for some of the guys in the Sand Box a while ago, and the overwhelming response was Eezox. Guys from the Sand Box have indicated it flat works.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rick, if you try it, let us know what you think about it. I'll take it over oil any day and compare guns for rust and wear. I have some newer ones that hasn't had a drop of oil put on them that has been shot a lot. My 10/22 has never had oil on it. My KP97DC has never had oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been using a dry lubricant called Miltec-1. It was originally given to me by Teddy from ActionsByT. Works great.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I have also heard of Miltec from some old buddies at the SO. They like it . I haven't used it
yet---but may have to try it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
well guess that tells it all. pretty good test results thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I haven't tried any dry lube on a gun, but it works great on my reloading equipment! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, a dry Teflon lube is the only thing that will keep my T/C Benchmark .22 semi-auto (made w/ tight tolerances and a match chamber) running and shooting well.

That's AFTER you break it in (when new) by shooting a brick or two of high-speed .22's -- now she runs like a top using standard velocity target ammo (WOLF Match Target) -- smells like paint when you shoot (no kidding!) but nice and tight groups -- and the Remington DryLube.

Old No7

·
Banned
700 Posts
A few years ago several of us got into a "less filling-taste great" thread about the virtues of dry lube. To cut to the chase the best ones based on our biased opinions were Elmer's Dry Slide (at most Ace stores) and an industrial brand called Kent's Dry Lube.
The other's are fine but it was suggested that these have more staying power and provide more lubrication.
As to Eezox, I useed it now for several years. I don't consider it to be a dry lube but a wax coating which is outstanding for corrosion protection. However, I continue to use other products for lubrication.
BTW, it's now available here: [http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.exe/search?search_keywords=Eezox&category_selector=all_products&Click+to+Begin+Search.x=10&Click+to+Begin+Search.y=11

SD

·
Registered
987 Posts
I use a release agent for commerical snow removal equipment. It dries and forms a slick barrier on every surface. I also lube my cast bullets with it. I stumbled on it by accident while rubbing elbows with someone in the business. I bought a 5 gallon can from him for $20 and have had it for years.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Flash - What's it called? and can anyone obtain it? Sounds great for my snowblower too!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Flash - What's it called? and can anyone obtain it? Sounds great for my snowblower too!
It's called Slide from Sunshine Chemical Specialties. I have no idea if you can still get it but google it and see if it's still made. It's good stuff. My supply will last me my lifetime. I put some in a large coffee container so I can dip my guns. It dries in a few hours and man it slicks up the action plus, NOTHING sticks to it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Being a newbie to gun ownership, I did some research myself. I settled on Eezox, and have been very happy with it. I have nothing to compare it to, because I have never used anything else. I love the fact that I can use it for both cleaning and lubing, and that it can go both in the barrel, and everywhere else that it is needed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts