Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been a "front pocket" small size weapon carrier. Well...I am trying the IWB Don Hume carry with my P95. I just can't seem to conceal it. I live in Florida...I can see how it might be possible under a sweat shirt or something like that but ??? I also just started IWB with my KelTec P3AT.....and of course it is much smaller and fairly comfortable from the get go. I really want to move up from a .380 to a 9mm. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Since I've got old and don't dress up, I don't have any problem. I just wear a loose shirt (T-Shirt or Hawaiian style shirt). I even help with Communion at Church every Sunday with it on and if anyone has ever noticed they haven't said anything. You are a little self conscious when starting a new way of carrying, but it soon wears off.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I probably carry a IWB different than most folks. Instead of trying to wear the holster on the strong side hip, or just behind the hip, I wear it in the small of the back. It conceals very well there, it is just a pain if you are gonna be sitting down. But, if getting in and out of a vehicle, I just take the gun and holster off and then back on. It has worked for me for a long time.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Chief,... Have you seen one of these...???

If you have not... It's cool as Hello... It has a 1/2" firm neopreem rubber spacer, and leather on both sides... Your 380 fits in it snuggly and it fits in your back pocket (or any Pocket)... You just reach into your back pocket when the bad guy wants it, and you draw the whole Wallet Holester out of your back pocket shooting the bad guy before he ever figures out what happened... This is vary cool... I was trying one of these out at last weeks GunShow... Its more comfy,than shooting the bare GUN...<:))

Chief,... that P3AT 380 is about one of the Best "Deep Conceal Bugs" there is... Good Reliability ~ Super Lite ~ Its A Always Gun ~ That's The Best Protection There Is, Not Having It With You Because Its In The Car Or At Home Is Not A Option...RIGHT...!!!

Post Some Pics of the P3AT...<:))

Wallet Holster
http://concealmentconcepts.com/accessories.htm

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sgt Knuckles...thanks for the new holster...had one for the High Standard derringer when I was a youngun...this one is much better...didn't know it was out there!!!

USNCHIEF...I'm 6' 233 with a good belly above the waist and a little pudge below...at work I wear jeans and a polo or t shirt tail out...and my level of dressup is a nicer polo shirt...tail out, and Dockers....I use the Don Humes and love the way they hide, but I, not wanting to have to claw up the side of my shirt, wear the butt of the P90 behind my belt buckle...works fine...hides well, and is accessible even sitting in a chair , truck, or restaurant booth...quickly and easily............now, I do razor-cut the stitches on some of mine and remove the clip, then re-sew it by hand about 1/2 to 1" higher, so that the gun sits lower behind the belt-the butt is even with the belt buckle, and the belly doesn't push it out at all...I carry two revolvers this way or one and a P90, and it's both comfy and quick...hook the gun with your thumb after raising your shirt with the same thumb---and it's out in a flash...works for me...easy to find a leather-sewing kit and waxed thread...takes 20 mins. and is DEEP cover...and comfortable...I will soon have a P95 out of layaway and it will backup my P90-will carry both the same way...I think you'll find it works for you...

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
When I dress business or business casual I use one of these:
http://masterofconcealment.com/pgro..._Concealment+T-Shirt+-+V-Neck+Style/?return=?

When not business/business casual I wear something like this:
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1167.php

The fanny pack I have is for a small revolver/auto. My Kimber Ultra Carry fits perfect.

I have tried many IWB holsters and I just dont like them. They either gouge me in the gut or back or plain uncomfortable and I am trying to conceal a pistol much smaller than a large frame Ruger auto. The best holster I found for this type of carry is the Bianchi Minimalist. http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2969.php Its an outside the waist holster, so you have to wear a big shirt or jacket.

The next item I want to try out is the belly band for mexican carry, this just looks comfy!
http://masterofconcealment.com/pgro...s+Home/3803_The+Original+Belly+Band/?return=?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ended up going with an ankle holster. Works well with short grip 9's and .380's. Most people dont notice it with jeans or slacks if you wear it correctly. But for front carry if there is any pudge it always seems to bulge a bit. I have had some luck with belly bands which hold the gun in snug and push the bulge back a bit.

·
Banned
282 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

I probably carry a IWB different than most folks. Instead of trying to wear the holster on the strong side hip, or just behind the hip, I wear it in the small of the back. It conceals very well there, it is just a pain if you are gonna be sitting down. But, if getting in and out of a vehicle, I just take the gun and holster off and then back on. It has worked for me for a long time.
By carrying your weapon small of back, you also run the risk of serious, permanent spinal injury if you should get knocked on your keester during a close encounter.

Carrying a firearm should be comforting, not necessarily comfortable. Unless you are a slave to fashion, I'd recommend that you make your clothes fit the gun, not make the gun fit your clothes.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SgtKnuckles.......never tried the clip....have been using Uncle Mikes #1 for my front pocket. I do however like the feel of the Don Hume with the P3AT and hope that I can get "comfort" wearing it with my P95DC. Pioneer certainly has a point comfort vs comfortable. I like the idea of the "Concealment Shirt" that Keith Smith suggested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts