Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First try with a Hawke scope. Ruger 77 Hawkeye all weather in 280 Remington. Always happy to get on target with 4 shots with no bore sight done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,585 Posts
Nice! That rifle and load work well together. What's the deal with the giant wheel on the scope? That seems out of place on a hunting rifle.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
The big wheel makes it easier to adjust the focus/parallax quickly

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! That rifle and load work well together. What's the deal with the giant wheel on the scope? That seems out of place on a hunting rifle.
I agree with you. Works okay just plinking from the bench but will get snagged in the brush during hunting season. Will take it off before I start hunting. I tend to forget to set the parallax when hunting anyway.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,585 Posts
I agree with you. Works okay just plinking from the bench but will get snagged in the brush during hunting season. Will take it off before I start hunting. I tend to forget to set the parallax when hunting anyway.

That seems like a good plan. I tend to just set my adjustable parallax scopes to 100 or 150yds when hunting since I am probably going to forget when a deer walks out anyway. My shots are usually between 75 and 175yds because of where my stands are located.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have several Hawke scopes on various rifles from 22 hornet up to 458 winchester magnum. They have performed flawlessly for the 3 years I've been using them.

·
Emperor
885 Posts
I have two Hawke Vantage scopes with adjustable objectives that I use on Ruger 10/22s, a 3-9x40 and a fixed magnification 4x32 both of which have performed very well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have one Hawke scope and I have been happy with it. great looking gun, i love the black and stainless look! nice shooting too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts