Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Hawkeye Predator or FTW in .308? If so, what are your thoughts? How's the accuracy? Which one did you buy, and why?
Any comments would be welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hellooooo! Nobody running a Predator in .308?

Let's see some user feedback - web reviews are fine and all but there's
nothing like hearing from somebody with everyday hands-on experience.

Meanwhile, that Tikka T3 keeps calling me ...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a Ruger American Predator in 308, not sure you are talking about the same gun. Isn't the Hawkeye the more expensive M-77 rifle? Is that made for a suppressor?

My Predator is very accurate! As good or better than my Remmington 700.
The Predators short barrel in great maneuvering in the woods or in a blind. I haven't picked up a suppressor for it yet, hopefully soon.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What is the FTW?
FTW Ranch in Texas. They do SAAM( sportsmanship all weather All terrain marksmanship). I believe one of the owners helped in the making of the Hawkeye Predator FTW rifle. It's suppose to be a 1000-1200yd rifle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went ahead and bought one. It just looks like it should be a shooter! I'm now waiting for my Leupold VX-3i to arrive and then I can see how it performs. I'll try and post some results when I have some data.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I bought the standard Predator. I really didn't like the look of the FTW, what with the shortened fore-stock and the large recoil pad with spacers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hawkeye Predator in 6.5. Love the rifle so far except when using a bipod, which is why I joined the forum. Hopefully I can find some info on fixing that issue somewhere on here. 5 shot group from a bench at 100 yards using the new precision hunter from Hornady. I shot 2 groups to make sure i didnt just get lucky. The eld match stuff was almost as good and the Superformance was right at MOA. The SF was also what I used for fouling shots, so they may be better than MOA when I go shoot again. Hopefully the picture attached. If not I'll upload it from a laptop when I get home.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here's a pic of mine. So far it has been finicky about what it likes to shoot well but I have had a few sessions where my results are acceptable by my standards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Shot this @ 100yds with my .308 Hawkeye Predator this Morning. I highly recommend this rifle

Well after Owning and Shooting my .308 Hawkeye Predator for a few Weeks now, I am thrilled with the way it shoots. Now I am seriously considering another one in .223, or possibly 6.5CM

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well after Owning and Shooting my .308 Hawkeye Predator for a few Weeks now, I am thrilled with the way it shoots. Now I am seriously considering another one in .223, or possibly 6.5CM
If you've not shot a 6.5, that needs to be your next one. I had a Remington 700 XCR Tactical in .308 before I got my Predator. That rifle weighed half a pound more than the Ruger, yet still had more recoil than the 6.5. I'm biased toward 6.5mm because my favorite rifle for years has been a tang safety M77 in .264 win mag, but after getting the creedmoor I know why its gotten so popular.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts