Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents brought down two pistols that were left to me by my father (He died when I was extremely young). One is a single six, the other is a Hawkeye.

Here's the link to the pistol photos that I've taken:

http://home.dmafitness.com/cp/thumbnails.php?album=8

The hawkeye has a slight discoloration of the barrel at the very tip, as seen in one of the barrell photos. It also has a small chip out of the walnut on the butt (Bad photo, hard to see).

The single six has a scrape on the base of the butt, no other discolorations/markings.

Aodhan

·
Registered
576 Posts
Aodhan...box and instruction manual for the Hawkeye...GREAT! I am no expert on Hawkeyes...have seen quite a few 20 to 30 years ago. Don't let anyone try to tell you it is just an old Ruger and has little value. I would "guesstimate" the Hawkeye anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000 for a very wide range. The photos do not do it justice. Any Hawkeye collectors out there that can give Aodhan a fair appraisal by these photos? The three-screw Single Six is a great find too. Lots of collectors out there for them. If I were you, I would keep both of them since they were your father's guns. Wonderful that they were preserved all these years and are now yours! Regards, Ron.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Great guns, and a good collector find. Keep those close and they will be something to pass down through the family if you have anyone that has the interest. JMHO - The Hawkeye with box is at least 1800 and the Single Six between $450 and $550 according to condition. Both keep going up in value so take good care of them. You really have some collectable guns there. Wish Hawkeye 28 would check in with an opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am most likely going to keep the single six. My intention for the hawkeye if I can get close to top $$ for it is to help with buying a house. I've also got several long guns from my father, as well as a turn of the century (Well used, no photos it's still in colorado) police revolver that my great-grandfather had.

I sent hawkeye28 a PM, but haven't heard back from him.

Aodhan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts