Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following is a paragraph taken from our Crime Blotter of our local paper. I bet the victim never gave protecting himself a thought before:

A man attacked a groundskeeper on a Kalispell golf course Tuesday because he was mowing the grass at 6 in the morning. The attacker tried to first beat up the groundskeeper, and then his lawn mower, with an ax handle. He was arrested and charged with assault with a weapon.

Bet he goes out and buy's a new gun soon.... :D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
guess he was sleeping good and the lawn mowen and the grounds keep woke him up. Yea I bet he does too.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
just about bet that if this golf course has a "19th" hole---as in a bar, they probably prohibit ccw on their grounds.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
...or he has an employer that says "no guns" but if the shtf, will look at him and say "Why didn't you do something?"

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
They use to make cane guns, bet they could make a golf club gun.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Seems like every uniform I see these days has a taser hangin' offa it...glad we neverr had 'em-we played too hard and we'da been in big trouble...they even took the speaker mikes of our new radios after one night!!!!!We was bad but we had fun..[}:)]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Guns don't kill people. Axe handles do!

Just remember that Michael Moore when you make your next movie.
(I don't wish death on anyone. But if Michael Moore is ever murdered. I so hope it is with a spoon.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
So let me get this, the man purchases a house on a golf course (big dumbie)then wants to complain about the mower being too loud. When did he think golf courses mowed the grass. Its like buying a house next to a racetrack or gun range only for it to dawn on you that there are little anoyances with your location you just may have to deal with. Sad thing is that if the groundskeeper had used a pistol to defend himself he'd now be in prison trying to lawyer his way out while also managing to be out of a job. Nowadays the only innocent remaining are the victims and if you dont want to be a victim you can spend some time in prison trying to prove your innocence.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would've taken a couple whacks with the axe handle for the benefit of my bank account, even if I had been armed. Rich homeowner living on a golf course...oh yeah, sign me up for that beating! cha ching!

I mow lawns. I've been confronted by angry neighbors over the years, even though I never start mowing before 8am. Had a guy complain to the cops once. They show up and ask the guy what's going on. He says he works 3rd shift and needs his sleep...cop tells him that's his problem...it's 2 o'clock in the afternoon!

Usually these complaint situations run much deeper than anything I might be doing at the time. The real issue is often that the neighbors hate each other and use contractors as a way of waging their private war.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Yeah, but they'd have to putter around awhile....
(Groan):D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.