Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to say hello to all sorry I was so late finding this forum. I have been on internet for about 12 years so I really have no excuse for taking so long.

I have been a Ruger owner (Mk I) my dad got me for 48 years now. I have no idea how many rounds have been fired through the Mk I, but I would say at very least 1000 to as high as maybe 3000 rounds. Sorry to say I wasn't keeping count. ;)

Until this year I have only owned two other Ruger and sold both of them. One a 22 convertable is still owned by a good friend and he has retired it from shooting, although he probably hasn't fired it more then 200 to 300 times since he got it and I only shot maybe a two boxes of fifty with the gun.

I picked up My Mk III NIB first of November and my used never fired LNIB GP100 just a week before Christmas, my Mk I was bought new by my older sisters husband who is or was 17 years my senior. My B-in-L was a poor shot with the Mk I and I was a poor shot with my H&R(?) Top-break 22 revolver my dad had bought me, but when we shot each others pistol we were dead shots. My dad let me trade guns with my B-in-L, and the rest is history.

I bought the GP100 for use as a target gun and HD gun, but probably will not use it for HD for sometime yet until I become better with shooting the pistol. I have always been a automatic man myself, and until I bought the GP I had not fired a revolver since the late 70's and then only a few times and got rid of the gun.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard Walt. Glad you found us. Make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. :D Don't worry about being made fun of on this Board about your typing or anything else. We're not like some of the Boards that like to ridicule one another.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I think too many of us have let good guns get away. At least you know where yours are... :D

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you found us. Have fun here and search around as there's a bunch of cool stuff.
Dan'o From Cali :}

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!
Don't worry about your grammar or punctuation. It's better than alot we see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.