Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just registered and posted in the "welcome wagon". i found the #1 forum a couple of weeks ago and thought i'd slip in and learn a little. i'm a .257 roberts fan and have a #1b in this caliber. may start shooting it again and hopefully you guys can light a fire in my fanny.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome from SC.........I love the .257 Roberts. I built a Roberts on a Mauser action using a laminated stock and a heavy Douglas tapered match barrel about 20 years ago. It loves the Hornady 75 HP and the 120 SP. From the bags it will still shoot 1/2 to 3/4 " groups any time I take it to the range. The Roberts is a fantastic cartridge and should not just sit in your gun safe. It is a very useful varmint cartridge and will make a deer fold up like a cheap umbrella, with the proper bullets. The round is easy to load and the cases will last a long time, if loaded within reason. The Ruger #1 is a very strong rifle and you can load to +p pressures (using +p cases) and get a little better than factory advertised velocities....If you wish. Welcome aboard and by all means...shoot That Roberts. I would love to have a #1 in the Roberts....(never have seen one)
.................Don in SC

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Another #1 fan, mine's a 1A in .270 Win.
I purchased it about this time last year.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome & enjoy...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome from SC.........I love the .257 Roberts. I built a Roberts on a Mauser action using a laminated stock and a heavy Douglas tapered match barrel about 20 years ago. It loves the Hornady 75 HP and the 120 SP. From the bags it will still shoot 1/2 to 3/4 " groups any time I take it to the range. The Roberts is a fantastic cartridge and should not just sit in your gun safe. It is a very useful varmint cartridge and will make a deer fold up like a cheap umbrella, with the proper bullets. The round is easy to load and the cases will last a long time, if loaded within reason. The Ruger #1 is a very strong rifle and you can load to +p pressures (using +p cases) and get a little better than factory advertised velocities....If you wish. Welcome aboard and by all means...shoot That Roberts. I would love to have a #1 in the Roberts....(never have seen one)
.................Don in SC
thanks for the welcome. i've had several .257's and still have a 77 .257 bolt gun along with #1b. i've done a lot of reloading for the 'ol bob some years back. i guess it's my favorite cartridge.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome from mid-coast Maine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll throw in a Welcome from Sunny SoCal. I joined meownself just yesterday.

·
Boise State Alumnus
660 Posts
Welcome from Virginia

1 - 15 of 15 Posts