Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Welcome from a bit north of you, but not far. WE LIKE PICTURES, especially when you mention a cerakoted gun. I'm "too cheap" to do that for my own guns, but love to see pictures of them!
I need to get better at taking pictures. Mine always come out looking clinical and show all the flaws. Maybe that's a good thing?

Anyway, the slide on the wife's EC9 started to discolor after about a year of EDC, so she had it coated in a custom mix of purple and tungsten...

After that one, she had him do her old EDC that has now become her nightstand gun. S&W j-frame hamerless Airweight...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wife has since found a color she likes better. The new one is named Crushed Orchid. I like it better also. Here's a build that is in process for her. Should have completion pics by the end of the week. She and I just need to sit down together and assemble.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Maybe I'd be better off doing a separate thread for each cerakoted gun in the projects section? Or, should I just keep putting them here?

·
Registered
410 Posts
@sholxgt -- Thanks for the pictures. A new thread would be a good idea and might get more views.

I normally don't like "girly" guns, but both of those shades of purple are really attractive. I would prefer the darker one if I were going to choose a shade of purple, but the brighter one looks really nice also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@ShooterGranny - agree! My wife is definitely not "girly," but she loves purple. So, purple was her choice, but she had to find one's that weren't cartoonish or too flowery looking.

The Crushed Orchid looks amazing in person. Glad she went with it, but don't want it on my stuff. LOL. I'm boring and stick with black or tungsten.

·
Registered
16,989 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
One Star
9,629 Posts
Hello from KY.

·
Pony Soldier
8,483 Posts
Greetings from Nebraska.