Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!!
I'm new to the forum and new to owning a handgun. I've owned a Remington 710 .270 for years but got sick of spending $80 every time I went to the range and wanted something the wife could shoot without being intimidated so I purchased a Single Six convertible. I thought I was settling with a gun when I made the purchase but after a few minutes of shooting I realized it is the funnest gun I've ever shot.
I also wanted something my wife could use for home protection while I am out of town for work. I know a .22 isn't ideal but I had her test many home defense preferred calibers and she couldn't hit a paper plate more than 1 shot @ 20 yards (I think the recoil was just too intimidating for her) and when she tried the single six with the .22wmr she could hit the plate with all 6 rounds @ 40 yards so that made up my mind for me. I'd rather her hit her target with a small caliber than put a magazine worth of ammo into the wall with a larger caliber.
In our first 2 weeks of owning the gun we have put over 1,500 rounds of ammo through it and it operates flawlessly, every once in a while we get a floater but not sure if it is the gun, the bullets or just our lack of experience shooting a handgun.
Anyway, sorry for the long winded introduction but I look forward to reading everyone's posts.
Safe shooting everyone!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Georgia!

This is a great place for sharin' ideas & information, learnin' new stuff and hanging out with some very fine folks.

Congrats on your new Single Six Convertible, good choice ;) I'm crazy about mine.

Glad you could join us, ENJOY!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Congratulations on your new Six.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Another Wisconsinite! I guess I'm at home here... welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Hello there from northern Illinois. Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, "The Tar Heel State."

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum - from "The Mountain State" of West Virginia

I was thinking about the Single Six Convertible when a new Single Ten showed up at a LGS. For your situation - you made a good choice.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
HTGB ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
The Original Magic Man
744 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Stone Mountain Georgia

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.