Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, from Henderson, Nevada. I'm new to this forum, but I've been around guns for a while. I used to shoot competition (long range silhouettes (the long shot was 10 shots at 10 55 lb. rams at 200 meters with open sighted pistols)), but now I just plink around.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome, I've been to Henderson a few times visiting family. Nice community, just couldn't take the summer heat for desert shooting. Hope you enjoy it here...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by 2Late45

Welcome, I've been to Henderson a few times visiting family. Nice community, just couldn't take the summer heat for desert shooting. Hope you enjoy it here...
Yes, the desert heat does take some getting used to. There are several indoor ranges to choose from here, and in the Las Vegas area. Then for rifle shooting, there is the desert. I try to go out to the desert in the spring, fall, and winter. Very mild then, it's 64 degrees outside now. I like my air conditioned house, and indoor ranges during the summer.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome! use to shoot t/c's myself in them games.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Welcome! use to shoot t/c's myself in them games.
Yep, I used to shoot T/C's in production class. .357 Super Mag, in revolver class, and 7mm International in unlimited.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi John,
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome from Jersey! I visit las Vegas and Henderson often and do all my shooting in the desert but have been losing places over the last 20 years. Used to shoot on
tropicana a long time ago. Then to Charleston, Range Road off the Blvd. and at the Apex. One more has been closed and I no longer know where to go. Where do you go now?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by John H. Fox

Welcome from Jersey! I visit las Vegas and Henderson often and do all my shooting in the desert but have been losing places over the last 20 years. Used to shoot on
tropicana a long time ago. Then to Charleston, Range Road off the Blvd. and at the Apex. One more has been closed and I no longer know where to go. Where do you go now?
The indoor range on Tropicana "The Gun Store" is still there, as is the Charleston range (private). I shoot at the indoor range on Boulder Highway "American Shooters Supply" indoor shooting range, and gun store, and my younger son says that there is an informal range in Boulder City (I've never been there). American Shooters Supply also has an indoor range and gun store in Las Vegas on Arville (I went there years ago and bought some guns, and a gun safe).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.