Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just joined the forum a few minutes ago.

Hmmm a little bit about me. Born and raised in Topeka,Ks. Bummed around for a few years after high school as a mechanic in a car dealership. As it tends to happen to young men, I got the itch to see what its like over the horizon. So off it was to the Air Force. 8 years later and im in Korea. Im currently at the six month mark in a year tour. My past assignments have been to Whiteman AFB Mo, RAF Lakenheath England and Edwards AFB Ca. When i finish this tour im heading to Offutt AFB Ne.

My love of Rugers started at a young age with Dad teaching me to shoot with his XR3 Single Six. It also didnt hurt that he read select parts of Mr Keiths Six-Guns as a bed time story... lol

If anybody out there is from the Omaha area i would certainly appreciate any advice on where the good gun shops and ranges are.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Welcome to RugerForum.net from NE Arkansas... Pull up a chair and sit a spell... We're glad to see you here...

I did my 10 years in the Air Force at George AFB, just over the hills from Edwards AFB... F4-C,D,E,G's Weapons Systems Mechanic, 35th CRS, Radar Weenie that fixed the "black boxes" in the Shop... :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy the forum, jump right in anytime. Thanks for
serving our great country.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi over there in Korea, and a big welcome from Louisiana. Dad was an Air Force retiree. We got to travel with him sometimes. Guess you could say I grew up in the USAF, that's why I went into the Navy for a change of pace!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcone from a former C.A.P. member.:D

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Reed,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship and are active in the forums, great people and great guns,
again welcome and of course we want to thank you for your service,
peace

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sure hope your server permits you to fully enjoy the forum. If you're stuck using agovernment feeds, sometimes they do block photos. Take care...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Welcome from S/E Texas...and thanks for serving!

I, too, have fond memories of "Sixguns"...still read from it from time to time...hope you get to as well!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A big thank you to everybody for the warm welcome. This certainly looks like a outstanding group of gentlemen to have the honor of knowing.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Welcome Reed! We're glad you found us and thanks for your service. We all appreciate that. I work in your home town and just live about 20 miles away near Lake Perry. We're getting more Kansans on here all the time. For a while Kansas45 and I were feeling like a minority group.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.