Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a dumb question. I have trouble getting my neck bent enough to easily get the sights lined up on my 10/22. I think it must be "old man syndrome". if the rifle is slightly pointed at a downward angle, there is no way I can get things lined up and bring the sight at the end of the barrel down into the sight closest to me. In order to do that I can't keep the butt fully flat against my shoulder. I have to go to the extreme of only putting the corner of it against me. If I am sighting on the level I can just barely bring the sights together. If I am pointing somewhat upward from level, then no problem.

I may be the only one that has ever had this trouble. Maybe I will have to forget the 10/22 and stick with the pistol. Any suggestions on how to make this more comfortable?

· Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

· Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum, make your inquires on the 10/22 forum. I'm sure someone there can help you. thousands of those rifles out there, there has to be an answer.
Enjoy the site. It has many aspects.

Anyhow, I'm also old. You may have to get higher rings with scope, or red dot. I do.:)

· Registered
3,129 Posts
Welcome from mid-coast Maine. I like the red dot suggestion.

· Registered
285 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Fl..............

· Registered
2,593 Posts
Welcome from Colorado

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
"Old man syndrome" is going to happen to us all..... ;) :D

· Registered
737 Posts
I am in Nebraska also. I recently set up my 10/22 with a 3-9 / 40 scope. I bought a different mount and taller rings in order to have the scope higher. It fixes the problem you are having.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.