Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from NC.. I am a girl! I just recently turned 21 and bought my very first gun.. an LC9. I am fairly new to shooting, but I'm enjoying learning. My boyfriend has encouraged me to join forums (I really think he just gets tired of me asking 100 questions and wants me to find the answers for myself) so here I am! :)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Hello and welcome from SW Florida. Lots of knowledgable and friendly folks here who try to help any way they can. When you get some questions just fire away!

Wave

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
howdy maam and welcome from middle Dixie.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Phoenix. Always nice to have new members from the non X chromosomely challenged! :D

This is a great forum. Hopefully you're getting some regular range time in with your LC9.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Welcome from S. OK. Enjoy. It's a great place to hang out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
welcome from Nj I taught all 3 of my daughters to shoot did your mom or dad teach you?
Thanks that's great! But actually neither... my dad passed away when I was 5 from cancer, so he never really had an opportunity. My mom isn't anti-gun but doesn't find them as enjoyable as I do. She's always had one around the house "just in case" that my dad had. But I don't think she would be able to actually use it. I've tried to encourage her to go shooting and try to feel more comfortable with it especially her being alone in the house and she keeps pushing it off saying, "I know I should, one day.." ... But back to your question a good friend of the family (who is somewhat a father figure to me) taught me how to shoot when I was about 14. He introduced me with a BB gun pistol just to get down the basic firearm handling etc. then I stepped up to a .22 and a 9mm. After that I didn't touch a gun for a long time, not that I didn't want to just didn't have much time or ambition. So, then when my boyfriend got his first gun and his conceal carry permit he thought it would be a good idea that I learned how to shoot his gun in case anything ever happened and I needed to use it. After that my interest took off and before I knew it I was gun shopping for myself! Sorry this kind of became a long post! :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome to the forum from Phoenix. Always nice to have new members from the non X chromosomely challenged! :D

This is a great forum. Hopefully you're getting some regular range time in with your LC9.
Thanks! And yes it is! I'm always trying to get my girlfriends interested.. it's hard though!

Thankfully I live in the country so I can shoot in my own backyard! I do go to college and live on campus so I can't bring my gun there :( but whenever I'm home I take every opportunity I can to get out and get my practice in!

·
The Original Magic Man
744 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the Forum from Stone Mountain Georgia

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.