Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. First-time gun owner here. It felt awkward being the only unarmed person in Idaho, so I decided to do something about it!

With the gun stores being pretty well picked over here in North Idaho, I focused on what we had available in the town where I live. I knew I either wanted a Ruger or a S&W -- American made and high quality -- and I ended up getting a New Vaquero 5104, .45 Colt, 5.5-inch barrel. I love the look of the old cowboy guns, and I figured a SA revolver would be easier for my wife to learn. Might not be easier for her to hold, though. This thing is made like a tank, and I love it.

My dad was a firearms enthusiast, but I never really got into them. Now with everything being so crazy, I decided I'd rather have something available for a worst-case scenario.

I'll be taking a class next week (four hours classroom, four hours on the range) to qualify for Idaho's enhanced CW permit, which if I recall covers around 40 states. I don't know if I can CC this monster, but I figured I'd at least try a shoulder holster or a CC vest and see how it goes. Otherwise, I'll probably look for something a little smaller in the future for an EDC.

Excited to be part of the club!

·
Registered
16,947 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,556 Posts
Welcome aboard from North Georgia. I love my single action revolvers. They are not state of the art defensive pistols, but that big .45 caliber bullet is as effective now as it ever was.

·
Exchequer
4,421 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I thought open carry was allowed in Idaho. If so, you could easily carry your new "tank".

·
Registered
290 Posts
Greetings from Maine and welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
13,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Illinois.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome from Washington, Now that you have the gun bug invest in a safe 👍 for your future collection and everyone needs a 10-22 rifle

·
Army CW3
1,041 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts