Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up. Until recently I didnt own a handgun . SWMBO always fussed a lot about guns in the house and I didnt want to make that my "Line in the Sand". Up until a few months ago the last time I had fired any guns was 30 years ago in the Navy. I took an Introduction to Handguns class a while ago and decided that having a gun makes sense. I have been shooting with a friend several times since then and really like the Ruger line. I am left handed and I like being able to release the magazine or put the safety on with my left hand and not having to switch hands.

I decided that the Ruger P89 was the gun for me. So.... I took the plunge and bought a brand new one. I felt that being my first gun, and the large learning curve ahead of me, a new gun would be better than a used one that may have some issues or just be worn. I am not sure it that is good logic but its what I used...

I put 150 rounds down range with it at 7, 11, and 15 yards. Felt great, worked great, and I actually shot pretty straight. I cant wait to hit the range again.

Oh yea... I celebrated the purchase with a cigar. Another "hobby" of mine.

Thanks to all for all the great information here.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Welcome from KY! You got a good gun there. My P89 has digested thousands of rounds with zero problems. And it is my understanding that Ruger has discontinued them, so you are lucky to get a one new! The supply of new ones will probably dry up quick, once word gets out that Ruger aint making them no more.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, congrats on the kp89, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy it here, jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi Rick,
Welcome from Minnesota!
I have a P89. Great shooter!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome, not sure which looks beter this time of year. That P-89, or the "Don Diego".... [8D]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.