Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am brand new to this forum. I love mechanical wonders and that's why I love watches and firearms! I'm sort of a gear-head and I able in music too but I find I'm always into the equipment part of it.

I am not a hunter but more of a target shooter. Going to the range with a bolt action or a 22 is my form of golfing.

Anyway, what brings me to this forum is that I have several semis (An LCP is one) but alas, I'm revolver deprived! So I've been on a search for a revolver and I am looking at either a new GP100 or a vintage smith. So I will be posting soon on this subject.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome to the Forums from a displaced Pennsylvanian! Have fun, there are a ton of really good sources here for you to pick clean!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! PA is great in the Fall. I've been reading through the threads here and figured I'd join in!

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I'd go with a vintage S&W myself. What do you have in mind? I used to live in the Shamokin/Mount Carmel area too!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Royal Emissary
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Texas. You can't go wrong with either revolver you mentioned.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Georgia!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from Texas! I'd go with a vintage S&W myself. What do you have in mind? I used to live in the Shamokin/Mount Carmel area too!
I know of the area. I'm not too far from Philadelphia.

Well as far as what I have in mind I am looking at either the GP in 4 or 3 " or if vintage Smith, a model 64. I am fine with a 38 special if I buy a used Smith.

The appeal of a GP is that it's new and overbuilt. I like guns that are overbuilt.

I've owned many Smiths before but I am not into the latest incarnations of their classic designs and that's the basis of my reasoning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And thanks to all for all the warm welcomes! I've never owned a Ruger revolver.

Last March I almost bought a GP100 from Bud's but swerved and instead bought a CZ 75b in which I lusted after for a good while!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Welcome from Indiana. Glad to have you in the family. All I know is I love my GP100. My favorite gun.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.