Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that I would join the group. Every now and then I can contribute something usefull, sometimes not. I have been part of the
"other" Ruger forum--but lately it seems like alot of folks have litteraly taken over the forum for political bashing. I am 69 years young going on 70 and I don"t have time left for that sort of thing.
I much rather would want to spend my time talking Rugers. Thanks for having me.

Dave

·
Registered
557 Posts
Glad you're here, welcome to the forum! New guy buys cigars. :D

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome!!! Glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy it. Just jump right in and make yourself at home. Participating and sharing knowledge is what makes this a good Board. We also have a little clean fun at the Coffee Shop.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Happy to have you! You're right, life is too short to get bashed at a forum you join to have fun. This is a great place to spend some time each day. Lots of good information and a few good laughs!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the friendliest forum around!! We talk serious and we b.s.-but we don't flame, insult, or try to date each others' girls-we all shoot well enough to make good manners necessary-you'll really enjoy it here-come for coffee and breakfast at Early Riser's Coffee Shop in the Tavern-KP97Dc will pick up the tab the first day-bring dark glasses just in case.....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome. Feels good being here. I don't have many Rugers. Have : SP 101 .357 that I carry daily. Also a stainless MK 2 --4", and a P90DC that I used for duty carry. Wife has a 637 Airweight that she carries. Also have a 4" model 28-2 and a 4" model 17-5.Actually the 17-5 belongs to my wife-got it for her several years ago. Anyway thanks for the welcome, I will pop in here probably everyday and see whats going on.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What's a 17-5?? Sounds like you got some good shooters-the kind you can't wear out. Where and how long did you po-lice? Quite a few of us here...thanks for making the difference-then and now.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sheepdog,
The S&W 17-5 that my wife has is a K frame-22 cal. Good shooting target gun. I worked with the Scott County Sheriff's Dept(east tennessee). for about the last 8 years, until he lost the election the last time. It was time to retire anyway-my wife and I wanted to have some time left to do the things that we really love, camping, fishing,traveling and family. I never looked back.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
S&W used to make a model 27 .357 with a 5 in. barrel, also 3 in? and 7 in?. I tried to get a 5 in but they were hard to get then, probably a lot harder now.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
white dog,
One of my sons was able to buy a pre-27 five screw several months ago. It is a 3" and has the original coke bottle grips on it. I envy him, and can't talk him out of it. I think you are right, they must be hard to find.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gunman42782
Where is Summersville? My wife and I go camping and 4-wheeling in Harlan & Everetts now and then. Beautiful country. My wife grew up in Harlan County.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DONALD W. WARRE
Noth of Knoxville about 45 miles on the Ky. border.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DONALD W. WARREN
Look North of Knoxville about 45 miles on the Ky border in Scott county.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.