Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seasons Greeting from South Texas. I wanted to take a moment and tell you a little about myself. I am new to this forum (and I think it is much better than that other Ruger Forum) but I’ve been collecting, reloading and shooting Rugers for well over twenty years. Firearms are a major part of my life. I currently have 25 Rugers in the safe. I hope to pick up my 26th, a Ruger SR9, in the next day or so. My passion goes to the single actions Rugers, but that is not absolute. My current CHL is a 2 ¼” Ruger SP 101 in .357 Mag. I have never been a fan of the semi-auto pistol but have found Rugers to be much higher in quality and reliability than any others I have owned in the past. I trust them. The SR9 may just take the place of my SP 101. We will see.

I have been married to the same girl for coming up on 29 years now. Any one who can put up with me and my hobby is truly a gem among gems. I have two grown boys and one young grandson born this past April (he’s a blast). I retired from the Air Force in 1997 after being in twenty one years, the entire time spent in the Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions career field. I served on “both sides of the fence”. I started as a basic trainee and got my officers commission later. I am what you call a retread. I also served in Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Military service runs in my family. My son recently completed 4 years in the US Marines. My Brother was in the Air Force, Uncle in the Army, and my Great Grandfather fought (and survived) on the Union side on the 2nd day of the Battle of Shiloh (Civil War).

On the political side of things I guess I am what you call slightly to the right of center (wife comments: slightly right of center?). I believe the Constitution is what it is and nothing more (none of this living constitution crap). The 2nd Amendment is absolute. Any of you who get the “militia” argument from the anti-gun crowd, refer them to Title 10 of the USC, Section 331. This section describes what a militia is composed of. It’s not what they want to here. The Bills Of Rights are individual rights. We pay too much in taxes, and I personally think much of the federal government is unconstitutional (where in The Constitution does it say the federal government is responsible for Education, Agriculture, Health and Human Services, or health care for that matter). Whenever the federal government gets involved in anything economic, it’s a train wreck. Hillary Clinton is a closet Communist.

Thanks for taking the time to read comments from this old fud. I promise not to be so verbose in my future postings. I look forward to talking Ruger shop, and anything else that may be worth discussion.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
288 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mwl1955

Seasons Greeting from South Texas. I wanted to take a moment and tell you a little about myself. I am new to this forum (and I think it is much better than that other Ruger Forum) but I’ve been collecting, reloading and shooting Rugers for well over twenty years. Firearms are a major part of my life. I currently have 25 Rugers in the safe. I hope to pick up my 26th, a Ruger SR9, in the next day or so. My passion goes to the single actions Rugers, but that is not absolute. My current CHL is a 2 ¼” Ruger SP 101 in .357 Mag. I have never been a fan of the semi-auto pistol but have found Rugers to be much higher in quality and reliability than any others I have owned in the past. I trust them. The SR9 may just take the place of my SP 101. We will see.

I have been married to the same women for coming up on 29 years now. Any one who can put up with me and my hobby is truly a gem among gems. I have two grown boys and one young grandson born this past April (he’s a blast). I retired from the Air Force in 1997 after being in twenty one years, the entire time spent in the Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions career field. I served on “both sides of the fence”. I started as a basic trainee and got my officers commission later. I am what you call a retread. I also served in Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Military service runs in my family. My son recently completed 4 years in the US Marines. My Brother was in the Air Force, Uncle in the Army, and my Great Grandfather fought (and survived) on the Union side on the 2nd day of the Battle of Shiloh (Civil War).

On the political side of things I guess I am what you call slightly to the right of center (wife comments: slightly right of center?). I believe the Constitution is what it is and nothing more (none of this living constitution crap). The 2nd Amendment is absolute. Any of you who get the “militia” argument from the anti-gun crowd, refer them to Title 10 of the USC, Section 331. This section describes what a militia is composed of. It’s not what they want to here. The Bills Of Rights are individual rights. We pay too much in taxes, and I personally think much of the federal government is unconstitutional (where in The Constitution does it say the federal government is responsible for Education, Agriculture, Health and Human Services, or health care for that matter). Whenever the federal government gets involved in anything economic, it’s a train wreck. Hillary Clinton is a closet Communist.

Thanks for taking the time to read comments from this old fud. I promise not to be so verbose in my future postings. I look forward to talking Ruger shop, and anything else that may be worth discussion.
If you like to talk Ruger shop......I'm your new friend. Have written quite extensively on another forum, (different arena) about 2nd ammendment issues...... Landmark 2nd ammendment case will be argued before SCOTUS this March. That would be the Washington DC case......DC = District of Criminals.......street scum and some office holders too. Welcome Aboard.......Happy New Year Too. MACHINISTgunner.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy it here, jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome from NTex, glad to have you and we're rarin' to hear what you have to say....OOFs welcome here....

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Glad to have you mwl1955. So far we agree, and let the lefties wet their pants if they don't like it! Looking forward to hearing more from you. Me - I'm waiting on a SR45.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Belated welcome to the forum. You're welcome at my camp-fire anytime...

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, love the portrait of Patton in your sig, my father served under him in WWII, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

Glad to have you mwl1955. So far we agree, and let the lefties wet their pants if they don't like it! Looking forward to hearing more from you. Me - I'm waiting on a SR45.
I have the P345, looks like the same dimensions as my new SR9 (finally picked it up). One holster should fit both (I hope). Both are nice guns.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome from The (Confederate Territory of Arizona)
You have found a home...
jump in and have fun
Great introduction...
Took me 5 minutes to read it..lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.